Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Cost of a Disney World Honeymoon

My fiance and I are all over the board now trying to decide between Hawaii, Mexico and Disney World.I think we have narrowed it down to Disney World and Hawaii.

Can any brides who ave planned a Disney World honeymoon share what they spent on a week there?

We would like to stay in a nice resort, do most of the parks and explore the area. We are wondering if doing it on a $4,000 budget is even doable (including flights from California).

That may push us over the edge to Hawaii.

TIA.

Re: Cost of a Disney World Honeymoon

• Options
    It depends on when you go and how long you plan to stay.

7 days at a value resort can cost less than $2,000 before meals.
    7 days at a deluxe resort can cost upwards of $4,000 before meals.

I see your wedding is this September.  Disney is currently offering room discounts for stays starting before September 29th and free dining plan for stays starting September 30th.
  • Options
    IDK about the cost of a Disney honeynoon but I was just there last week and it's $90 per day per person just to get it.  So it can be very expensive.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Cost of a Disney World Honeymoon:[QUOTE]IDK about the cost of a Disney honeynoon but I was just there last week and it's 90 per day per person just to get it.nbsp; So it can be very expensive. Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

That cost goes down the more days you are there. A 5 day pass is 65 per day. I went last April from NYC and spent about 1500 per person, 4k is doable.
  • Options
    Just FYI, H and I just got back from Isla Mujeres, Mexico, and for a seven day stay we spent a grand total of 3100.
  • Options
    ems27ems27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    If you can hit the free dining plan, I think you can definitely do it!  The dining usually includes light lunch, snacks, and dinner at a nice Disney restaurant.  Really, all of the on-site hotels are very nice, so if you can be a little flexible with those (eg moderate rather than deluxe), I think it's completely manageable :-)

Disney will pick you up at the airport, so you'd only need a car to get to another park (like Universal). 

Go play around with the planning tool on their site:
    http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/vacation-packages/

Here's the info about the free dining plans:
    http://bookwdw.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/specialOfferDetails?name=Promo&promotionCode=PackageOfferPS&market=PackageOfferPS&CMP=KNC-WDW13_Q1TW_BR_PSLP|G|4121300.RR.AM.L3501.02
    June 2013 August Sig Challenge
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mbuckley85mbuckley85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Ours is costing in the upwards of $4000 range, but that is with deluxe dining and a deluxe resort.  We are going for 5 nights/6 days and will have park tickets for 5 of those days. 

$4000 should be perfectly doable with a moderate resort and potentially with a cheaper deluxe resort (I think Animal Kingdom Lodge runs more like $265 a night vs Boardwalk, where we are which is more like $345).

• Options
    Similar to PP; we HM'ed at Secrets Maroma Beach for 8 days/7nights, all inclusive and spend $4k.

It just depends what type of HM you're looking for.
  • Options
    bongebonge member
    First Comment
    $4000 is doable. We have the free dining plan so we waited on hm. We have 10 nights, free dining, 5 days of park tickets with water park & more. With airfare from canada we spent 4500 for 3 of us.
    230 image Invited
    154 image Are ready to party
    56 image Missing out
    20 image Can't find the mailbox (tick tock)

RSVP Date: 6/1/2012
  • Options
    We are going to Disney World for two weeks next October. If you go in September, the prices are lowest because it is the value/offseason. If you book a value or moderate hotel, 4,000 is definetely a doable budget. My parents have taken my sister and I to WDW 6 times on similar budgets. We decided to splurge this time because it will be decades before we would stay at a Deluxe Disney resort again. For 2 weeks at the Contemporary it will be 6,000 to 7,000 just for the hotel. We won't do the dining plan, because we like a little more freedom in when and where we eat. The Dinsey planning tools online are a good start, but once you have a good idea of where you might want to stay, you should call and talk to one of the Disney travel people. They can answer any questions and help find you better deals.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards