Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Dance lessons

Hey girls!
Any recommendations as far as  places to go for dance lessons. Our wedding is in October in philly. 
Thanks!

Re: Dance lessons

• I took a lesson recently at the Society Hill Dance Academy at their center city location with Kate, and she was awesome.  They have a studio in center city and another studio in Manyunk.  Your first class is free, but then you would need to purchase a package for additional lessons.  You won't learn everything in the first session.  Packages are pricey - $1000 - $4000.  If you already have the basics and just want to pracitce, they have group classes that you can drop in on - group packages are $150 for 10 classes, and you can share the package with your fiance and you can use them at both locations.  Let me know if you want any additional details about my experience there.

You might also want to check Groupon as I've seen great deals for dance lessons in the suburbs.
  • Rubi Wiswall was great!  We only needed 2 lessons to come up with a cute first dance.

http://www.rubifirstdance.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ditto Rubi. We took 3 lessons. Our dance was awesome! She is a great teacher with creative ideas. My H was not excited at all but wound up having a great time and we were very comfortable during our dance. Can't recommend her enough!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Ballroom Philadelphia has a Groupon deal right now.
  • slpdanislpdani member
    First Comment
    thanks so much!!
  • slpdanislpdani member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_dance-lessons-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:3d465068-419d-4d10-94eb-9d4a67c5bcfePost:1a501eac-b28f-4436-988c-b72725fed24e">Re: Dance lessons</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ballroom Philadelphia has a Groupon deal right now.
    Posted by Jmarie22[/QUOTE]
    thanks girls!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards