Snarky Brides
Options

this just isn't fun anymore

the knot sucks, it takes way to long for pages to load, even some of the good posts aren't worth the wait.

I HATE YOU KNOT!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: this just isn't fun anymore

• Options
    cosigned,

Buddha
  • Options
    On a positive note, I have been exponentially more productive at work since the "change".
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • Options
    Shamon. I'm bored and procrastinating cleaning the house and nothing is happening here.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Options
    I hate this place after the change. It sucks big fat hairy donkey balls. You hear that Knot Gods! I HATE IT!
    Pregnancy Ticker Nathan Robert 12.18.08
  • Options
    It takes a solid minute for anything to load for me.  I haven't even really been able to be on the board at all since the change.  Granted, I am so freaking busy at work that I really shouldn't be on at all.

This is crap, Knot.  There wasn't this much brain damage with the Nest/Bump change.  Why is it so hard?

By the way, hi everybody.  I miss you.
  • Options
    That's what boggles my mind the most. The Nest works. How hard could it be to just duplicate what is going on over there? 
  • Options
    if you use firefox, download Adblock Plus on the firefox website. Put baynote.net on the block list. it will block all of the ads on the knot and your pages will load instantly. someone on another board posted this and it works really well
    Photobucket
  • Options
    yeah, that's not going to work for me.  I can't use FF on my work computer, I'm stuck with internet explorer.
  • Options
    I did the adblock stuff but that did nothing. I hate to sound like a whiner, but WHY didn't they just use the same Nest/Bump format and change the colors/branding? So stupid.
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • Options
    I downloaded Adblock on my home computer the last time the knot was slow.  It blocks no ads but a get a "Please register adblock" pop up whenever I open a new tab.

I too hate the knot and can't figure out why they didn't use the nest template that works.
  • Options
    The AdBlock thing does make it marginally faster for me.  It's still horribly slow, though.  Add me to the chorus of "how hard is it to duplicate something you're already doing?!" 
  • Options
    I can hardly bear to come here anymore.

Any chance we can get AFSB to move on out and take over some unused board on the nest?

No? *sigh*
  • Options
    mashed, we're in the same boat.  I can't use the firefox and keep my trading boards on at the same time.

however, when I meet a guy I really want to know I will give him some time.  Never more than a week but some time anyhow
  • Options
    [QUOTE]Any chance we can get AFSB to move on out and take over some unused board on the nest?
    Posted by heatherkj[/QUOTE]

Or go over a to an active board, pick a fight with the natives and push them out? Huh, huh, can we, huh?

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • Options

same sex households is pretty dead over there.

Family matters gets interesting when they get a real idiot but not that much in between

• Options
    I'm up for a move to the nest. 
    3 out of 4 dead babies agree! pepsi is better than coke! - EdithBouvierBeale
    Lordy. Grow some balls and stop lurking. It's like stealing from the internet. Jesuschrist. -- AudreyHorne
    I hate love and marriage. I got married so I could destroy these things from the inside. - NoisyPenguin
    It's a good thing my circle of trust is as giant as my vagina. That only leaves a couple people out. - Cali
  • Options
    Yes, let's move to the nest.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Options
    Gardening is dead, so is Entertaining Ideas and 9 to 5. Sex and Romance if we want a board with high traffic but not many active posts. Except every title would have to be about female ejaculation or anal bleaching.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Options
    Which board?
  • Options
    Gardening sounds lovely.
  • Options
    I think we're mighty entertaining, so we should go there.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Options
    1 vote for anal bleaching!
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • Options
    S&R could be amusing, but whatever. Just tell me where to go.

• Options
    Seriously this is painful.  I'm up for relocation, just leave a forwarding address in case it takes me awhile to get a page to load.
    Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • Options
    Can I veto S&R?  Besides the fact that I'm prudish and often grossed out by that board (back me up here, Kristen), I sometimes inadvertantly leave this board up and would rather not have a co-worker or boss happen upon my Sex board, ya know?
  • Options
    Fallin makes a good point. Sometimes my computer freezes on whatever window I have open for a couple seconds, I'd hate to have it freeze on S&R when someone comes to talk to me.

• Options
    My buttcheeks are clenching just thinking about what people might think if they saw me on a sex board at work. Point taken. I imagine gardening gets more activity in the summer, entertaining ideas might be fun since we all like parties and appetizer recipes.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Options
    Have you tried Google chrome?  It has worked better for me than Firefox did.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards