Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Jones River Trading in Kingston

Has anyone or is anyone getting married at the Jones River Trading in Kingston, the pictures are absolutely gorgeous and the prices for Plymouth Bay Catering seem great for budgets! I'd love to learn more about your experiences before and after! Any any pictures your willing to share! Thanks in advance!

michelledagon at gmail dot com
Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16

Re: Jones River Trading in Kingston

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The secretary at my school had her son's wedding there, and they had nothing but fantastic things to say about them.  I wish I had a more pesonal experience with them, but she has been nothing but pleased (they were married in May).  And her pictures were absolutely gorgeous!

HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! We're going to check it out on Thursday. The pictures so far look beautiful on the web..just curious if anyone had a personal experience either as a bride or a guest.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You may want to check the Boston board for off-cape locations, there may be some girls on there that have had more South Shore experience.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well we just came back from this location and this totally isn't what it seems on their website. I was so disappointed. The place was falling apart and their waterfall isn't even on their property. Cry But we choose to go with Dan'l Webster Inn in Sandwich, we loveeee it! Thanks for everyones help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I was going to say, I live near by there and the place dosent look that nice(from the outside at least) a gf from highschool recently got married there and I saw some pictures and it looked like they were inside of a warehouse. Glad you checked it out first.
  • Options
    AlmondWhittleAlmondWhittle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw- I had REALLY wanted to get married there and liked the way the inside looked (the outside in the front was kind of ugly) but hated the huge gaps in the wooden dance floor, (i figured it would be a tripping hazard) and that they didn't have enough room for chairs for the ceremony outside. The main reason we didn't go with them was bc my grandfather was in a wheelchair and wouldn't have been able to wheel me down the aisle there.

I ended up going with Bittersweet Farm in Westport. Bittersweet and Jones River definitely aren't for everyone, but I think they're both pretty great places for less expensive MA weddings if you're looking for a rustic/fall look.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards