Virginia-Richmond

Davids bridal alterations?

Who has gotten their alterations at the Davids Bridal in Glen Allen? Are they super expensive? I will need to add a bustle to my dress and hem it a little.

I would also love recommendations for reasonably priced tailoring/alterations shops. Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Davids bridal alterations?

• I am also in search for alterations! My friend told me that the woman at David's Bridal is independent from the actual store, which means you can take any dress there.
     I read good reviews online for Fashion Design. It's over by Broad and Hungary Springs.  I will tell you how much it costs when I go (hopefully this week), I'll be having a substantial amount cut off the bottom and some work in the top.

• rlr02rlr02 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I've also been in search of an alterations place.

Places that have been recommended to me (but I have not used)

George's Alterations (Gayton Crossing)
    Patti P's (Short Pump)
    Mrs T's (Patterson/Laburnum)
    Sandy's alterations (Libbie Ave)

My first alterations were done at Nittaya's off of Laburnum, and I will not be going back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2012
    Parks Custom Tailoring over by Regency Square, across from Traks.

It's an older asian couple.  The wife did my alterations, she adjusted my straps and had to take it in from my hips up.  I can not even tell where she took it apart at!  My mom has been making clothes since she was about 10, so I know what quality work looks like.  She did it in under 2 weeks, with ONE fitting, and it was $90!  GO THERE! 

9020 Quioccasin Road  Richmond, VA 23229
    (804) 750-1289
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards