Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Babies on the Invites?

Do you consider a small baby a +1 on your guestlists and invites? I don't necessarily mind if there are kids there, I'm still trying to decide how much that would benefit or hinder our costs, but small babies (as a lot of family and friends of mine now took part in the recent "baby boom"). But I'm just wondering if you count them on your guestlist and invites...

For example: Family: Sister, Husband, Daughter (4), Son (2)
Sister is one of my BMs, Daughter is my FG
So I'll be inviting her Husband and their 2 year old son?
Or do I send them all an invite for 4 reserved seats, even though half are in my party?

thanks!

Re: Babies on the Invites?

• Options
    Well, you'll need to know if they are bringing the baby or not regardless.

Your venue may need to know if you need high-chairs or booster seats. As for how much you get charged for this child, it will vary.

My venue charged my 1/2 price for children ages 2 to 12 and any child under 2 was free because they usually don't eat what's provided.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes, if they're invited.  I figure their parents will probably put them down on a chair/table in their carseat at both the ceremony and reception.  That takes up space, so it's nice to know whether the parents are going to bring the baby. 

Also, if any breastfeeding moms are coming who prefer to breastfeed in private at larger events like parties and weddings, you can make sure there's a room where they can do so.
  • Options
    I would put them on the invite.  That way the parents know that the baby is invited as well as you know whether the baby is coming.
  • Options
    Yes, you put them all on your invitation, even the baby, even the ones in your bridal party.
  • Options
    Even if they won't be eating what you are serving, they will still need to be included in the venue capacity count.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Also you want to make sure the guest knows that they may bring their baby.  A lot of weddings are adult only affairs so it's important to make that distinction on the envelope.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards