Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Horderves during cocktail hour?

I'm meeting with my venue on Sunday to pick our final menu choices. We already have our dinner choices and appetizers picked out but I can't decide what to do about cocktail hour. We can choose to have horderves during cocktail hour and they run between 160180 per 100 pieces. Our guest list is about 215. We can also opt to do a cheese spread, cracker and fruit platter option for 2.75 a person. Ceremony is at 5, cocktail hour is from 5:30 to 6:30 and dinner will start right around 6:30. Doing the cheese and cracker option will save us a significant amount of money but I am worried this will be insufficient for guests. What do you all think? Would you be okay with the cheese and cracker option or would you expect horderves?

Re: Horderves during cocktail hour?

• Options
    If I'm being honest, I prefer horderves, but if cheese and crackers fits into your budget better, then that is perfectly acceptable. 

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Are you having appetizers with dinner?  (You mentioned having chosen your appetizers and entree options).  

Hors 'douvres are nice, but I would be perfectly fine with cheese-crackers-fruit.  If you're serving apps with dinner, though, I think you could easily have a lighter cocktail hour, or have the appetizers served then?
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I cross posted this on the ettiquette board and got some good feedback. I realized after the fact that the "appetizer" course of the actual meal is seperate pricing. So I think I am going to skip that all together and just pick 2 or 3 horderves to serve during the cocktail hour. Guests will still get salad, rolls/muffins and their main course. Then dessert obviously.

The are a lot better options for the horderves anyway and it will only be about $100-$150 more than serving apps at dinner.
  • Options
    I think in the Boston area we expect horderves during cocktail hour.  
  • Options
    I'm actually from western mass but tk doesn't give me that option for profile purposes. Idk why.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards