Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Speeches in a Restaurant (non-private dining)

...I am a bit worried about this. What are your experiences of having your reception in a restaurant and incorporating speeches?

We are having our dinner at the Little Buddha in the Palms, and they have said that they can turn the music down to accommodate us, but there is no microphone and we have not got a private space, so I am not sure how it will work.

I don't really want members of the public gawping or getting annoyed at us, and I am worried that our guests will not be able to hear. There will be 30 of us, spread along two long surfboard-shaped tables (8 per side) so we will be quite close together so maybe that is not too much of an issue.

I was thinking of maybe doing them on our strip tour in the bus, but that doesn't sit right. :(

Help! Opinions? Suggestions? Your experiences?
www.mywedding.com/benandpetra

Re: Speeches in a Restaurant (non-private dining)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't really offer any help but I've been wondering the same thing. We don't have a private room and will have 60-75 guests. I've been thinking we'll just play it by ear and if there aren't too many people sitting around us in the restaurant and it's quiet enough, we'll do them there, otherwise we'll do them in the suite afterward.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a semi-private area of a restaurant for our reception dinner.  The only one we had trouble hearing was the best man, but he tends to be very quiet anyway.  We had no difficulty hearing my brother, but he has a big mouth :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards