Second Weddings

Vow Renewal Colors

Hi!!  My husband and I are planning a renewal ceremony for our 20th wedding anniversary (March, 2013).  The traditional colors for the 20th are emerald green and white.  NOT my cup of tea.  We are more warm, exotic types.  The venue will most likely be a ceremony and reception at a resort.  My dream is to use metallics (silver or platinum, copper, gold), but those shades are traditionally for other anniversaries.  Would it be in really poor taste to break this rule and color it the way I'd like?

Re: Vow Renewal Colors

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your 20th wedding anniversary!!  What fun!  I might stay away from silver and gold, since those are very closely associated with 25th and 50th, however you might be able to get away with copper.  If you like it, go for it. 

You have such a long planning timeline, you may find something else that strikes your fancy.  And, once you have a venue selected, it may fall into place in a way you've not yet imagined!

Good luck and again, congratulations!
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your 20th wedding anniversary!!  As Lisa said I would stay away from Silver and Gold.  There are a lot of fun colors in the warm tones your best bet would be to go to a paint store or any store that has paint chips and pick your colors that way. 

Your venue choice may also dictate your colors.

HTH 
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! Im also doing a vow renewing! I didnt even think of the colors for the years weve been together! I say go with whatever YOU like! Its your day :) We have been married for 8 1/2 yrs and are renewing right before our 9 yr anny. Im doing red, black and white!
    October 2011 Siggy Challenge: Fave thing about Spring/Baseball Team red sox nation Pictures, Images and Photos Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding colors: Copper and Light Teal. Almost like copper when it has a patina on it.
  • AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your renewal!  I say go with whatever colors you love best.  Even though those are traditionally 25th and 50th anniversary colors, I think you can make it work. 

Happy Planning!
    Anniversary
  • nmauser82nmauser82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say use whatever colors you want. If you are worried about the year association you could change the hue of the silver and gold. Maybe go with a darker silver like pewter or a shimmery grey with a coppery gold or coral. that would be nice and unexpected.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards