Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Ceremony Time

am having a problem figuring what time we should start our ceremony. Our wedding is on November 8, which is a week after daylight savings time. The sun will set at 5:40pm. I don't want to say our vows in the dark, but since the wedding is on a Friday, I don't want it to start too early either. We don't want to do any "first look" pics, so all of the bride/groom pics will be taken after the ceremony. I need suggestions on what time to start the ceremony and what time I should put on the invitations. Also, if you took pics after the ceremony, how long did they take? Any help would be great! Thanks!

Re: Ceremony Time

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_ceremony-time-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:f44a3fa9-1283-496e-9531-b7a8c112d638Post:72daa5f3-a63c-4228-b7d6-494ee7532b51">Ceremony Time</a>:
    [QUOTE] am having a problem figuring what time we should start our ceremony. Our wedding is on November 8, which is a week after daylight savings time. The sun will set at 5:40pm. I don't want to say our vows in the dark, but since the wedding is on a Friday, I don't want it to start too early either. We don't want to do any "first look" pics, so all of the bride/groom pics will be taken after the ceremony. I need suggestions on what time to start the ceremony and what time I should put on the invitations. Also, if you took pics after the ceremony, how long did they take? Any help would be great! Thanks!
    Posted by sadie1083[/QUOTE]

You have to decide what's more important.  Not saying vows in the dark.  Inconveniencing your guests. Not seeing each other before the ceremony.

If the sun sets at 5;40, chances are, you would need to have your ceremony at 4:30-4:45.  On a Friday, that is a hassle for people.  They will either have to take half day off work, or at a minimum, leave at 3 to have time to change and get to your wedding.

For photos after, you should take no more than 30-60 minutes while your guests are getting to the reception and enjoying cocktail hour, if you are having a cocktail hour.
  • Our wedding is on nov 23 of this year and we had the same questions. We opted to start the ceremony at 330 and it will end at 430. We will have plenty of time to take pictures. I am also open to the idea of first looks however my fiance does not want to do that.  Im going to try to convince him because i have noticed that is dark at 5pm.
  • You can have your ceremony at 3:30 but you have to understand that most people will not be able to make it. If you go with a 3:30 or 4pm ceremony; it will most likely be an intimate family / close friends event.

I think you can do pictures right afterwards while your guests have cocktails / appetizers.

also, I think sunset pictures would be very beautiful.
  • Saying your vows in the dark by candlelight could be very romantic!  I have seen pics of weddings like this and they are beautiful.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards