September 2012 Weddings

9-29-12 brides! How are you doing emotionally?

I feel silly being as nervous / anxious as i am since SO and I have been engaged and living together for 7 years and have two kids together. lol. This is our first wedding for both of us and i'm super nervous. only 11 days to go.

Re: 9-29-12 brides! How are you doing emotionally?

• I'm so excited! The days are draaaaging by so slowly for me. I don't have anything left to do except to wrap everyone's gifts so I'm trying to enjoy the last week or so as a single woman but I can't help wishing it would fly by!
  • I'm picking up my BM's gifts today and my dress tomorrow. I think i was just so mellow throughout the planning process and it's finally hitting me like a ton of bricks.
  • I think the days are going by so slowly too. I am feeling all kinds of emotions as it gets closer to our day!! I can't wait to be a Mrs!!
  • I'm doing great!  The only thing that's really driving me nuts is that FI can't decide on anything to get his groomsmen.  So he just pretends that he doesn't have to get them anything and doesn't look for anything.  So for the past 2 weeks, I've literally asked him every night if he's going to look for something, and he says yes but doesn't.  I think I might have to take care of this.

Other than that, I'm feeling very confident.  FI and I met with the DOC last night, and we both left feeling great.  He's been asking me for months why we needed a DOC and it was a huge waste of money, but as soon as we left he told me how happy he is that we hired her.  Finally we're on the same page with that one.

I got a lot done today, and we're meeting with the caterer tomorrow.  Yay!

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• I do well, so long as I stay far away from this site! Ha ha. The instant I start reading posts here, I start to panic. Overall I'm staying pretty calm. Most everything is finished, I just have a few final appointments and we're good to go! But I'm opposite... My days seem to be flying by!!
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_9-29-12-brides-how-are-you-doing-emotionally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:5833fdc7-83c9-4f19-aabc-f38ce9ed53c5Post:f46e678a-e4b0-45dd-9357-279c11c97c6e">Re: 9-29-12 brides! How are you doing emotionally?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing great!  The only thing that's really driving me nuts is that FI can't decide on anything to get his groomsmen.  So he just pretends that he doesn't have to get them anything and doesn't look for anything.  So for the past 2 weeks, I've literally asked him every night if he's going to look for something, and he says yes but doesn't.  I think I might have to take care of this. Other than that, I'm feeling very confident.  FI and I met with the DOC last night, and we both left feeling great.  He's been asking me for months why we needed a DOC and it was a huge waste of money, but as soon as we left he told me how happy he is that we hired her.  Finally we're on the same page with that one. I got a lot done today, and we're meeting with the caterer tomorrow.  Yay!
    Posted by MrsBassPlaya[/QUOTE]

I am having the same problem with my FI! I have asked him everyday what are you getting your groomsmen?  and he keeps saying i don't know.I also keep telling him you need to get them something soon. But he won't go out and do it
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_9-29-12-brides-how-are-you-doing-emotionally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:5833fdc7-83c9-4f19-aabc-f38ce9ed53c5Post:65a47901-d5cb-4aef-a3cf-5425f456cacb">Re: 9-29-12 brides! How are you doing emotionally?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9-29-12 brides! How are you doing emotionally? : I am having the same problem with my FI! I have asked him everyday what are you getting your groomsmen?  and he keeps saying i don't know.I also keep telling him you need to get them something soon. But he won't go out and do it
    Posted by melissasdwedding[/QUOTE]

I am having the same problem with my FI as well!! He keeps saying, "Well when I figure out what I want to get them I will just go get it- it's not going to take long!" I just keep thinking- we only have a few more days and he is going to be gone Thurs-Sat for his bachelor party! MEN! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_9-29-12-brides-how-are-you-doing-emotionally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:5833fdc7-83c9-4f19-aabc-f38ce9ed53c5Post:e48eae5f-3d92-4cca-9bba-b3c0ad82e255">Re: 9-29-12 brides! How are you doing emotionally?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9-29-12 brides! How are you doing emotionally? : I am having the same problem with my FI as well!! He keeps saying, "Well when I figure out what I want to get them I will just go get it- it's not going to take long!" I just keep thinking- we only have a few more days and he is going to be gone Thurs-Sat for his bachelor party! MEN! lol
    Posted by futuremrscsr[/QUOTE]

<div>Add mine to the list too! I have a feeling I'm going to be the one rushing out last minute to get them something.</div>
    Anniversary
  • The days are dragging by for me too!  I just have a few small details to finish between now and Monday.  Then Tuesday I fly to VA and have a few things to tie up there I can't do here.  List isn't too bad.  I'm glad my days left are broken between FL and VA because I can count down to VA and then it is just 4 days from there!

My biggest concern is with my FI as well.  Though he volunteered to do ALL the music.  As far as I know he hasn't touched it in weeks.  Kinda a big deal when we want to have a big dance party.

I had to take charge with the GM gifts because FI dragged his feet past my comfortable "deadline."  What I would recommend to you ladies is hitting up Dollar Tree for part.  I'm assuming all your GM like beer (because I don't know men who don't) but they have these super nice, heavy-duty beer mugs for only a $1 each.  So you can get them 1 of those or 2 to make a set.  I go them a set and painted a big box on each with chalkboard paint so they can doodle on them when they are drunk haha.  Then I'd hop on Amazon and get gift cards.  For free they ship gift cards next day.  I ordered some last Friday for my MUA and her assistant and got them by Monday.  It isn't a super personal gift but it does need to get done.  And if FI isn't attaching a ton of emotion to it, his GM probably aren't emotional either so they may just appreciate picking what they want than some last minute crap your FI pulls out of his a$$ (no offense to your FI's, I just mean we are ticking down here and our FI's shouldn't be adding to our stress though they are). 
  • all the days are going sooooo slow! and the last couple things we have left to do are taking forever to complete! I don't understand why either! I'm soo ready for everything to be over! I want to be on the plane outta here!
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
  • FI keeps dragging his feet cause he doesn't know what to get them.  I've spent HOURS looking for stuff online, and he shoots down every idea.  Beer stuff doesn't work cause 2 of the 5 don't drink, and the others already have flasks, mugs, etc.  I like the idea of a duffel bag or gym bag, but his response is "What guy doesn't already have a gym bag?"  He actually got excited about a travel toiletries bag (maybe fill it with something personal for each groomsman), but now he thinks it's too girly.  "Guys just use plastic bags."  I keep telling him that I guarantee none of them have a nice one, and he would love it if he had one instead of a plastic bag; but he's still not going for it.  He doesn't want to do knives, money clips, cufflinks, anything traditional.  My next idea is going to be a cashmere scart (we live in MN), but I know he'll shoot that down.  I think he should get the something nice that they wouldn't think to get for themselves  (scarf, toiletries bag); and he just wants to get them....... nothing?

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• I'm not even dealing with SO. if he doesn't want to get his guys anything then that's on him. lol. I'm still working on finishing my girls gifts but I'm not struggling too much.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_9-29-12-brides-how-are-you-doing-emotionally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:5833fdc7-83c9-4f19-aabc-f38ce9ed53c5Post:e48eae5f-3d92-4cca-9bba-b3c0ad82e255">Re: 9-29-12 brides! How are you doing emotionally?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9-29-12 brides! How are you doing emotionally? : I am having the same problem with my FI as well!! He keeps saying, "Well when I figure out what I want to get them I will just go get it- it's not going to take long!" I just keep thinking- we only have a few more days and he is going to be gone Thurs-Sat for his bachelor party! MEN! lol
    Posted by futuremrscsr[/QUOTE]

We got the groomsmen personalized mustache flasks on etsy... And FI is going to include their favorite drink to fill them... Simple, silly and cute... AND I think they will get a kick out of using them!
  • Wavering between excited to stressed to just plain emotional. On a positive note, it is finally starting to feel like "mine"... I have gotten a few things checked this week that definately earmark this wedding as being true to me, which has made a HUGE difference in my outlook. Now I feel like even if a few of the other little things dont get completed, this wedding is still truely unique to us, and that makes me feel like I can rest at night. Good luck ladies!
  • I had my meltdown last weekend. I've had a good week this week. I'm so ready for work to end next Tues - then I bet it will hit me like a ton o' bricks what's really gonna hapen in 8 days !  8 days ! Surprised
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_9-29-12-brides-how-are-you-doing-emotionally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:5833fdc7-83c9-4f19-aabc-f38ce9ed53c5Post:fb5dd22f-0897-4d45-b0bd-20fff9009bd7">Re: 9-29-12 brides! How are you doing emotionally?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had my meltdown last weekend. I've had a good week this week. I'm so ready for work to end next Tues - then I bet it will hit me like a ton o' bricks what's really gonna hapen in 8 days !  8 days !
    Posted by thickening[/QUOTE]

This... EXACTLY!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards