Second Weddings

XP - So excited

I just got an email from the lady making my dress. She is my "Louisianna mama" and we see each other once a year at a technology conference. She has the muslin mock up started and will have it ready to try on March 1st. We are meeting March 1 to try on the mock up and pick the final fabrics. She is coming up from Louisianna 3 or 4 days before the wedding for final fittings and to help with last minute alterations for the members of the bridal party ... and now for color ... It's LAVENDER! My dress is LAVENDER! So pale it looks almost white - but I'm wearing my favorite color like everybody else. It is going to look great... The guys in white shirts, black pants and eggplant colored ties, the older girls in black dresses and the little girls in eggplant dresses ... and me in a purple dress too! 5 months from tomorrow it all comes together!

This is the gown that inspired my dress:

Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes

Re: XP - So excited

• Congratulations!!! Lavendar is a beautiful color!! Purple hues have always been a favorite of mine.  

Our colors were navy and white - both of which I have loved as a color combination since I was in my twenties. 
  • I will take pictures in March and let y'all see ... I promise
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • Had to laugh about your "Louisiana Mama."  :-)

The dress sounds lovely!
    DSC_9275
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_xp-excited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:107f2a9b-83e9-424f-8e1d-11a2f006a1eePost:09573011-f875-44fb-ab45-e085654e7c98">Re: XP - So excited</a>:
    [QUOTE]Had to laugh about your "Louisiana Mama."  :-) The dress sounds lovely!
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]

Thanks! The lady who is making my dress lives in Louisiana and is the same age as my mom. My kids call her children"Mama Sue" and she treats me like one of her kids. (complete with fussing and encouraging)
  • Lovely dress. Can't wait for pictures. Your color selections sound lovely.
  • that is very very pretty!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards