Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

How to address a STD for DW

Do you address the STD as you would an invitation when it's a DW?

We are not inviting children to out DW. But, since it is improper to tell people that outright, how else do I convey that information? The invitations of course will only list the adults, but they won't go out until 6 weeks before the ceremony. By then, I'd assume people have already made their travel arraingments. Would people figure out kids aren't invited by the way the STD is addressed?  
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"

Re: How to address a STD for DW

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_how-to-address-a-std-for-dw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:01c957e8-fedd-4d0f-87ac-f0ce70740c9ePost:89f784de-bfbf-4d73-9be0-c0cfebb94815">How to address a STD for DW</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you address the STD as you would an invitation when it's a DW? We are not inviting children to out DW. But, since it is improper to tell people that outright, how else do I convey that information? The invitations of course will only list the adults, but they won't go out until 6 weeks before the ceremony. By then, I'd assume people have already made their travel arraingments. Would people figure out kids aren't invited by the way the STD is addressed?  
    Posted by msuprincess04[/QUOTE]

Yes, only include the names of those invited. Do not put something general like "The Smith Family". Address it to Ann and John Smith.

TBH, you can't ultimately control whom the families buy flights for. But it would be pretty irresponsible for a couple to assume their child(ren) is invited.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards