Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

adding a water element/decor to the ceremony??

When searching for an outdoor venue for our wedding, my fiance's one request was that it be near water.....whether it be a lake, fountain, etc. The venue we picked that was within our budget however does not have any water nearby. He said he was okay with this, but of course I feel badly. We are getting married at a city park in front of a gorgeous barn and having the reception inside an old farmhouse. The barn does not have any electrical outlets nearby.
Any suggestions on how I can incorporate water as decoration?
Thanks!! Laughing

Re: adding a water element/decor to the ceremony??

• I am not sure that it would work, but they sell a battery that provides electricity to lemonade stands, etc. that may be powerfull enough to run a small pond pump.
    I once made a running creek for inside a banquet hall for an outdoor theme.
    For a Jamaican theme, I even made a flowing waterfall inside of the banquet hall.
    Fun to do, did have electricity for the pump. 
  • I was going to say use a generator. They are pricey to buy but someone you know may already own one or you might even be able to rent one from a construction equiptment rental place.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We're doing water in our centerpieces. I know it's not flowing, but its an idea

Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • Ditto pp about using water in the centerpiece. You could do floating flowers, floating candles, submerged cranberries, etc.
  • Both my FI and I are merchant mariners and so we want water in our ceremony. Even though we are getting married on a pier we are going to do a " water ceremony" instead of the unity candle ( it wouldn't stay lit on a pier anyway) it is done in the same way as a unity candle or sand ceremony except you are pouring water from two vases into one. It symbolizes the same thing. Also some people even elect to incorporate their colors into it so it mixes into another color with you and your FI pour it together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards