Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

suggested clergy?

My fiancee and I do not belong really to a church. Im Christian and hes Catholic.  I would like a pastor or rev to marry us that has a slight sense of humor possibly ;)
Any suggestions? we live in Queens,NY and the wedding is in long island.
Thanks

Re: suggested clergy?

• Options
    Try posting this on the NYC or even the Jersey board.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Start going to different churches on Sundays until you find a pastor and church where you feel comfortable. Then ask the pastor.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_suggested-clergy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:c5fd807c-86fe-4540-a144-9aaeff1f1946Post:eb9c3039-5ee9-4a33-b112-89ffcbabbaf3">Re: suggested clergy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to suggested clergy? : <strong><font color="#0000ff">Um, Catholics ARE Christians, too</font></strong>. I think you need to talk to different pastors and try to work out your mutual beliefs.  If your FI married outside the Catholic church, his marriage will not be recognized by the Church, and he will be barred from communion.  This is a very big deal for Catholics, and isn'y easy to fix.  If your FI ever again wants to practice his Catholic faith, you need to talk to a priest before making any decisions.  You do not have to convert to Catholicism to be married in the Catholic church.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  If I read on these boards, just one more time, something that intimates Catholics are not Christians ... well, never mind. <strong>*sigh*</strong>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards