August 2012 Weddings

Weekend Updates :)

Share with us your WR and NWR updates from the weekend! :)

Re: Weekend Updates :)

• WR: Nothing this weekend.

NWR: My FI came to visit me at school. It was so nice to have a relaxing weekend together. Other than that it was a pretty laid back weekend.
  • WR: Registered at Boston Store Saturday. That happened to be during their major home sale, which in retrospect wasn't a great idea. But, we got our bedding set for a major deal- $200 set for $50. Whoo for great deals! Also registered at Kohl's on Friday, and will be registering at BBB tomorrow. Also talked with my parents about day-of timing and between the ceremony and reception. We were supposed to talk to our priest after church today about the ceremony, but that didn't happen. Next week I guess.

NWR: Hung out with my Godfather all day today, unexpectedly!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • WR: Registered at BBB on Friday evening.  Took forever, but was lots of fun!  Glad to have that checked off the list.  Crate & Barrel next weekend!   Also went bridesmaids dress shopping with one of my girls on Saturday, but struck out.  I'm asking the girls to pick out an ivory, kneelength dress and letting them take it from there, but having a little bit of trouble finding anything at all?  Hopefully spring lines will have more options! 

NWR:  Hung out with FI most of the weekend, went over to a friends for drinks Sat night.  Relaxing! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • WR:  Got my end-of-reception/after-party dress ordered and picked out my headband.  Met with our invitation creator to talk about our vision.  Booked a videographer.  Got together with bridesmaids to reconnect and hash out details.

NWR:  I didn't have time for much else!  Semi-successfully curled my hair for the first time :-)
  • WR: All my bridesmaids put depoits and got measured this week/weekend so the order should be placed soon! My wedding dress has arrived at the shop this saturday. I have to find shoes before I can go for my fitting. We put the deposits on the honeymoon hotels this weekend. Lovely big checks.

NWR: Thrilled that I didnt have to work this weekend. First weekend in a while.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • owengirl996owengirl996 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    WR: Worked on a few DIY projects and finished addressing the last few STDs yesterday, since FI just got me his list on Friday! Also, debated with myself over centerpieces a majority of yesterday. Nothing decided yet! My mom went to the bridal show in my hometown/where the wedding is (Indiana). My wedding planner was there also, so she got to talk with her a bit. They are coming up with a plan of things I need to do when I visit next month lol

NWR: Well today we went to this chocolate tasting/judging event at a hotel. It was YUM!!! Then we went to Whole Foods, then to the Cheesecake Factory! I LOVE that place and haven't been in over a year! Also, we bought a new tv...found a great package deal on a 3D tv with a blu ray player. I totally don't care about the 3D part, but I'm looking forward to trying it out! Now, looking for a new entertainment center that will fit it. We still have an old school boxy tube tv that fits like a glove in our current set up!
    imageAnniversary
  • WR: Got a lot done on the WR front- met with a caterer, made an appointment with the priest, addressed some more STD stragglers, ordered an instruction sheet for our Wishing cards from etsy (we're having anniversary note cards to be opened on our 1st, 5th, and 10th anniversaries,) and got to show my FILs our venue! Since we're not from the area we're getting married in, it was fun to be back in the area for the first time since October!

NWR: nothing much, helped FI make pasta diablo bake on Friday night and watched a movie. Got to sleep in today- that was epic and way overdue!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • mtishawt- I loooove Paper Source :) FI and I always go there for misc. Christmas gifts for people.

WR: We visited two hotels and decided to go with one to reserve rooms for our wedding guests and us. We also met with a florist and got some idea of flowers we like, but probably won't use this florist for the actual wedding because they seemed more hands-off then I would like. I'm still waiting to get an estimate. FI is printing a sample STD today, so hopefully those will be ready to print/send soon.

NWR: We ate at this German restaurant which was delicious. We also visited two open houses. It was a really great weekend!
  • WR: Blocked the rooms for our out of town guests, and met with our reception venue, started planning the meal and reserved the hall!

NWR: We installed our new dishwasher and started laying new flooring in our kitchen dining room! Love renovating our home!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Flowers
    image 160 Invited
    image 2 are ready to party with there boots on! image 0 have better things to do image158 are trying to find there boots
    RSVP Date: July 25th
  • WR- Went BM dress shopping on Saturday and picked the dress (one bridesmaid ordered it)!  2 of my BMs are out of staters so Davids Bridal just entered their information and they can go in and get measured/order when they have time.  Sunday went to a bridal expo and got ideas for hairstyles and a flowergirl dress, picked up a catalog of MOB/MOG dresses (gave it to my Mom), and discovered Bursch Travel (honeymoon planning/registering) but was wondering if any have heard of them??  They plan to Hawaii which is where we want to go :)

NWR- Saw my friend who I haven't hung out with in a few years, had lunch with her, then went to see her kids and fairly new hubby (October)!!  After the bridal show on Sunday I drove to my parents house, as I had an interview Monday morning and the location was 15 mins from their house!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • WR - Saturday I went to a bridal expo (FI went with me, woohoo!) and did some serious talking to caterers and men's wear stores. Sampled some more from our soon to be cake baker. Sent out e-mails today for scheduling appointments with the cake baker, florist, 2 caterers and a DJ.

NWR - Our neighbor passed away this week and her siblings gave us some of her belongings. Spent a lot of time up there helping clean the apartment and taking care of the cats. Friday FI, FMIL and I went to the international auto show. I like my FMIL and all, but the past several years it was just our "thing" to go and really investigate these cars. This year I didn't have a good time and barely sat in any cars.  I'd rather not go if that is the kind of experience I would have.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards