Oregon

Abernethy/Gray Gables

Anybody getting married at the Abernethy Center or have attended a wedding there? We are planning on going to check it out next week. Also, anything on Gray Gables Estate?

Re: Abernethy/Gray Gables

• edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Abernethy Center. You should definitely go check it out. I love it, and can't wait for the big day! The setting is so beautiful and elegant. I am getting married in their Abigail's Garden- under their white gazebo, and the reception is in the same spot- under a tent. I am an outdoor garden person so this is perfect for me! Plus its off the road, and tucked in away from the parking lot- so it really feels like your in your own little oasis although your still in the heart of the city. 
    I would recommend it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LindseyLu12LindseyLu12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! I have read really good reviews on that place and checked out the website as well. The pictures look amazing! The only thing negative I read about the Abernethy Center is that you plan your whole wedding with one consultant and then on the day of your wedding they give you someone new. =/ I'm not too worried about it though, as long as she knows what's going on! lol If you don't mind me asking, how were their prices?
  • RKwedding2011RKwedding2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Abernethy Center is lovely! I also went to visit Gray Gables.  We found it to be expensive for what they offered.  The good thing about both is you can get all of your wedding needs at one place!
    Katie
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another place to think about, if you need an additional option, is the Ainsworth House and Gardens in Oregon City.  Even comes with an officiant!
  • LindseyLu12LindseyLu12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your advice! I haven't been hearing very good things about Gray Gables so I think we might just cut that one from our list. The Ainsworth House and Gardens looks beautiful and their packages seem to include a lot! I'm definitely going to add it to our list!
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Gray Gables. Abernethy Center was on our list! They were the top two we liked. Happy Venue Searching!!!
  • Poppy715Poppy715 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really think Abernathy is expensive for their location. Everything about it is just fine but for your money it seems to fall short. Plus there are usually 2 weddings on most weekends, I hated that when I looked into them. We went with Bridal Veil Lakes which was more our style. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I just visited the Abernethy Center a couple weeks ago. The gardens are beautiful, but one thing to consider is that if you are doing the Veiled Garden/Ballroom package, your guests will be leaving that landscaped, secluded garden and trekking across a rather ugly parking lot to get to your reception. Also, the bride's dressing room is great, but the groom gets shoved into a back room with extra tables to get ready-kind of strange. Definitely check it out if you are interested though, otherwise you'll always be wondering if that would have been the right place.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • danimarie1989danimarie1989 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Abernathy Center is Lovely! But the price is not! It's in the cost of the food, sense you have to use their catering company.

I'm getting married at the Oregon City Golf course. They are letting us do just about anything we want- but we still have the indoor/outdoor feel that overlooks the golf course. It's really pretty and in the same price range for renting the venue- but OC Golf Course lets you have the place all day- where other venues limit you to a 5 hours or so.

Good luck!!

• bubblez13bubblez13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Ainsworth House and it is beautiful.  it has the same elegant feel and is a good price for what you get.  I can't wait for my wedding and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for that outdoor wedding/ indoor outdoor reception type feel.  And the site coordinator is great he is so nice and helpful! 
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_abernethygray-gables?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:744ebd8f-2535-4205-96c7-2bcb19f4e66aPost:5cb2a86b-8647-4dd8-a4b5-bfc8e417b423">Re: Abernethy/Gray Gables</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting married at Ainsworth House and it is beautiful.  it has the same elegant feel and is a good price for what you get.  I can't wait for my wedding and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for that outdoor wedding/ indoor outdoor reception type feel.  <strong>And the site coordinator is great he is so nice and helpful! </strong>
    Posted by bubblez13[/QUOTE]

<div>Kevin?  I'll tell him you said so!  He is fantastic, I just adore him.  Is he officiating your wedding?</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards