Maine
Options

Groomsman Gifts

What are you all doing for gifts for your attendants?

I think I'm all set with my bridesmaids (Jewelry, bags, and some cute slippers) but for the guys, not a clue.

Any ideas?

Re: Groomsman Gifts

• Options
    schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my FI bought beer mugs at the dollar store and we are looking into etching their intital on them.

beer cozie/flask

there must be something that is not drinking related haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI is doing the groomsmens gifts.  I think he was thinking of getting them all superhero cufflinks and something else, I'm sure he'll figured it out about 2 days before the wedding ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tried to leave the groomsman gifts up to DH,  but he'd never have gotten anything without my swift kick in the butt.
    We got koozies for everyone in the wedding party - with a caricature of the wedding party with us.  Then I got money clips with each of their initials on them.  And, everyone in the wedding party got Old Navy flip flops to change into at the reception if they chose to - DH and I each had a nicer pair to change into as well. 
    At the last minute, DH and I went to Michael's and bought poster prints that reminded us/him of each of the GMs, and I framed them in really nice frames.  Those ended up being a huge hit with everyone - especially with DH telling a story of why he chose each print for each guy at the rehearsal dinner. 
  • Options
    meg213fmeg213f member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd leave it up to my FI but I'd like to actually have it ready by my wedding. :) LOL.

Thank you for the suggestions!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought them watches....
    OR.....you could get them all a book called The PMS (Please Make Sense) Guide for Men!!!  It's actually a great book that my husband got as a side gift from his brother that explains how and why women see things differently from men.  It gives guys great tips/advice.  I even loved the book, it's wasn't cracking jokes about women, it was a serious guide.  (I recently seen it on Amazon)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've seen people give nice grilling sets, flasks, beer steins or mugs and money clips

other ideas might be something related to their favorite sports team, wallets, if there's something specific to their work (i.e. the BM is in the navy so something to do with that, or my FI is a financial advisor so a nice bull/bear or something) or if they like to play a sport (golf, tennis, etc.) or have a hobby (video games, singing or playing an instrument, camping, fishing, hunting, etc), maybe some nice tools, beer brewing kits or wine making kits.. just a few ideas :) thank you for distracting me from cleaning!! hah good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are gifting our guys their suits and dress shirts.  I think we're going to find some fun cuff links to go along with them as well.
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The GM gifts for my sister's wedding were Leathermans that they got from LLBean and had engraved with each guys name.  I don't know if it was because they have an LLBean card or something, but I know the engraving was free.  My FI and I stumbled across these really great flasks with Celtic designs one day and picked out a different one for each GM, plus we are getting them cufflinks and maybe something else.  I think most GM gifts are booze related, lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards