Military Brides
Options

Ok, Question!

So I'm fairly new to the community board and posting! But have been doing a lot this week since its new to me, and , well, the boredom at work overcomes me! ;)

The question is:

When you write your answer to someone else's post, and they are asking a simple question, and you say what you have done in the past (like with party favors) or what you think...

Do other people bash your ideas.... almost, just to bash them? And are they just, upright rude about it?

I'm not sure about them, but my mother always taught me if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it!

Am I right people? No? Yes?  :)

Re: Ok, Question!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, when you post on a public board, really, you get what you get. Once you put your question out there for anyone and everyone to see and answer, you can't really dictate how they respond.

As a whole, some boards are nicer than others. There are boards where people won't bash your ideas JUST to bash them, but will tell you pretty bluntly what they think - even if they have nothing nice to say.

And, of course, there are the few bad apples who will bash people just to bash people, for whatever reason. You run into them in real life, too.

Basically, in any huge population of people, you get all types, you know? Think of posting a question here as the same thing as asking a stadium full of random people the same question. There's going to be all kinds of opinions and yes, some jerks, too. 
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    :) Thanks!  
  • Options
    kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It happens. Some people bash. Some people are helpful.

It's true as PP said, you get what you get. I ignore some of the snarky comments when they are not neccesary. But a lot of posts can be very helpful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    rojobrorojobro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    People have a lot more courage when they just type their comments in cyber world and then get back to reality, although that's no excuse for being rude.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I find some ladies on here are helepful because we all have something in common the military life style.. Gl with the planning! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ITA with PPs. It's a mixed bag, but some boards are nicer than others. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards