African American Weddings
Options

Quick Question

This will be a post and run. My bridal party will be walking in to their own song and my song is "the one He kept for me". When should I start walking in?. The song is kinda long and I don't want to be standing waiting for the song to finish. It'll feel awkward. I've listened to the song over and over again and I still can't decide at what point I should start walking in. What do you think? I'm open to any suggestions. 

ETA: My friend will be singing the song to a track. So semi live performance. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Quick Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I never heard that song until just now and I love it. Can your dj/iPod manager just fade it out when you walk down?
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you soloist select an arrangement that reduces the lenght of the song a little?  I would also recommend that you wait to start walking until the end of the first verse. That way, you get the allow your soloist to sing a good portion of the song and you don't have to do an awkward wait at the end of the aisle.  

Take your time and walk slowly too. They willl wait for you.  
    Anniversary
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_quick-question-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:6876918b-7b3c-4979-bc35-7f9f39ca8c00Post:1e777bc2-0f69-4c68-af5b-10f2da3126b1">Re: Quick Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can you soloist select an arrangement that reduces the lenght of the song a little?  I <strong>would also recommend that you wait to start walking until the end of the first verse. That way, you get the allow your soloist to sing a good portion of the song and you don't have to do an awkward wait at the end of the aisle.   Take your time and walk slowly too. They willl wait for you.  
    </strong>Posted by mikimoto6[/QUOTE]

This this this!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm loving this song!  I see why you have a hard time figuring out when to start walking.  This is a beautiful song and like
    mikimoto6  said they will wait for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards