Oregon

Cheap Portland catering

I'm having trouble finding catering for less than $15/person. I know for most people that's considered cheap, but we're on a super tight budget & already spending a lot of the location. I know there are some companies out there that will cater for as little as $10-13/person, but I haven't seen seen any reviews on any of them, so I don't know how good they'd be. I'm also wondering if it might just be cheaper to just find a restaurant I like & getting enough food for 150 people.

What would you suggest?

Re: Cheap Portland catering

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What companies have you seen for $10-13?  If you post the name, it's possible someone here can give you a review.

I'm not sure what the cost is these days since we got married one million years ago, but we used The Bomber in Milwaukie and paid $10 per person for a buffet with loads of options.  At that time (2002), a plated turkey dinner was $8 pp.  The food was great and Punky, the owner, was fantastic to work with.
  • eospassioneospassion member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing the first restaurant we had a date in, Romano's Macaroni Grill,  as our dinner buffet. It is great food and much less expensive. Our friends and family don't mind it being a little bit more relaxed, this way we have more to spend on the decorations etc.

Without being careful, we landed approximately $12.50 a head. There's even a pricing page so you can pick how much of one eentre/appetizer you want and can spend on
    ~All the love you put out will return to you~
  • edited December 2011
    The two I've found that are about $13/person are C&L Catering (http://www.clcatering.com/) & American Bounty Catering (http://americanbountycatering.com/)

If anyone has any experience with them, I would love some feedback.

I'd also love some insight from past brides/knotties as to whether it's cheaper or better to go with a catering company such as these, or go to a restaurant (such as Macaroni Grill... LOVE that place!) and just get enough food for 150 people (our guest list).

Any insight/tips/advise in this are would be greatly appreciated :)
    Thanks!!!
  • edited December 2011

Are there any restaurants you guys love? Ask the owners if they cater. You may be surprised at who is willing to do that, even if they don't advertise it. Ethnic food can be surprisingly inexpensive and unique to boot!

• thecatergatorthecatergator member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Olive Garden caters and it is pretty cheap.  We had their food brought into my work location a couple of years ago, the supervisor picked it up to save on delivery. 

Look into GG's Deli in Milwaukie.  My niece used them at her wedding and they are definately a good deal and the food tastes great.  You can pay to have them serve the food or you can get it to go.  They can set you up with a licensed bartender if you need one.
  • edited December 2011
    If you order from a restaurant ask about delivery, set up & clean up.  Also, who will be serving/replenishing?  For 150 ppl I would strongly suggest you have professional staffing onsite to handle the food.  Whether you go with a caterer or a restaurant, make sure you ask about tax & gratuity.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards