Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

what kind of honeymoon?

We are trying to decide between Hawaii, a cruise, or an all inclusive somewhere for our honeymoon. I'm just wondering what other people did/recommendations of where to go, etc.

Thanks!

Re: what kind of honeymoon?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_what-kind-of-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:c19d301f-7a17-415e-90fb-f4016cd3fcf6Post:d0edf100-4470-40b0-8683-6fcfa29764cf">what kind of honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are trying to decide between Hawaii, a cruise, or an all inclusive somewhere for our honeymoon. I'm just wondering what other people did/recommendations of where to go, etc. Thanks!
    Posted by seaotter910[/QUOTE]

I think it really just depends on what you and you FI want to do, what your budget is, what time of year you are going, etc. Do you want to relax and be on a beach the whole time, or do you want some other entertainment/excitement? Will your honeymoon coincide with Spring Break, or low season?

There are a lot of good ideas and help if you need it on the Honeymoon board also, and that may especially help if you have a cruise as a possibility. I think Carnival and (maybe) Royal Caribbean are less expensive, but it really depends on where you want to go and for how long.  I will also say that IMO, Hawaii may be more on the expensive side because there are probably not any AI's there. You will end up playing for airfare, the hotel itself, and then food would be extra.
  • Options
    I think those are all good, popular choices with Hawaii of course the most expensive. DH knew it was my dream to go to Hawaii so we chose Maui for ours. Lots of people do the AI/Mexico thing. To me a cruise is too many people with me on my HM but that's just me! :)
  • Options
    I agree with Stephie, I did NOT want to be on a cruise for my honeymoon, although I do love cruises. We did an AI in Mexico, and for the price, we loved it. Hawaii was too expensive, and we loved staying at an AI where we never had to worry about money (although in the end I'm sure the expense is similar). 
    I would go check out the honeymoon board and see what you can find over there.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks! I forgot about the honeymoon board but I'll be checking that out!
  • Options
    We did an AI and loved it!  We didnt have to worry about extra $$ for food or drinks.  Once we paid for honeymoon we only took a couple hundred dollars for spending on excursions and gifts.  It all depends on your budget.  Hawaii is expensive but gorgeou and a cruise you still have to pay for your drinks and seems more crowded b/c there are tons of ppl stuck on the boat with you and you dont have the freedom like you would @ one destination.
  • Options
    We did a Carnival Cruise out of New Orleans to Cozymel and Progresso. We had so much fun and they price we paid was not bad at all....fairly budget friendly!
  • Options
    Our honeymoon budget is not as strict or tight as our wedding budget.  My FI and his family all have money; however, they all are very traditional and believe in the traditional split of how to pay for a wedding...aka my family pays for the majority of it.  So while my wedding budget is tighter, the honeymoon budget is not.  I know Hawaii is the most expensive, but it doesn't necessarily matter. I just was wondering what other people did/what they think would be the best for a honeymoon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards