Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Ask Me Anything!

Since no one has volunteered yet, I will!

Go ahead....ask me those burning questions.  My life is an open book.

Re: Ask Me Anything!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?

What is the chore you hate to do the most?

All time favorite movie/book?

What's your favorite childhood memory?

What is one piece of wedding advice you wished you would have known before your wedding?
  • Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whew!  I was starting to feel like the unpopular kid in school....

What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
    -Lately I've been working on getting everything set for our belated honeymoon to Australia and New Zealand (some more info in my bio).  Otherwise, I've recently rediscovered reading fiction (law school kind of killed pleasure reading for me).  I also like going for walks with DH and taking photos.

What is the chore you hate to do the most?
    -Ironing by far.  In fact, I buy almost 100% clothes don't require it and make DH iron his own work shrits.  I'm a perfectionist, and try as I might, I can never get all the wrinkles perfectly out.  It's just frustrating.  Cleaning the kitty litter is also dreaded for obvious reasons.

All time favorite movie/book?
    -I have a hard time picking favorite.  For books, I tend to lean towards series books, so I can really get to know the characters.  As a young girl, I loved the Black Stallion series and was probably the most devoted to that.  More recently, I've really enjoyed the Dexter, Harry Potter,  and Twilight series.  My job is rather analyical, so it's nice to be able to escape into a completely different world where the same rules don't apply.  For movies, I like action and comedy.  I thought True Lies was a nice mix. An old Bruce Willis movie called Hudson Hawk was kind of along those lines, too.  I also enjoy stand-up comedians like Robin Williams live on Broadway.

What's your favorite childhood memory?
    -That's a really hard question.  I have a few that really standout.
    1) When I was six my uncle had bought a horse (which he said was mine).  He would saddle her up and put me on and then walk down a little dead end road leading her.  One time, she startled and broke away at a very slow canter.  It was only for about 100 feet and my uncle caught her right away, but for about 45 seconds I had experienced my first canter all alone.  I felt very free and exhilarated and that probably started what woud become a rather horse-obsessed period of my childhood.
    2) When I was about eight my dad and I were driving back from the bigger city about 20 miles from our country house.  My dad had gotten me a vanilla ice cream dipped in chocolate from Diary Queen  Part of the drive tooks us through the "Bryant Flats" which was a large area around town that was very flat and had a lot of open farmland.  It had rained earlier that day and there was a large rainbow shining across the sky.  My dad told me about finding a pot of gold at the end of it, and then, completely on a whim, he asked if I would like to try and find it.  We spent at least an hour driving around the flats turning down one random road after the other, seeing if we could find the end of the rainbow.  Finally, the sun burned off the mist and the rainbow disappeared, but we had a really good time looking for it.

What is one piece of wedding advice you wished you would have known before your wedding?
    -Not so much for planning, but on the day of the wedding, right before I walked down the aisle, I asked everyone to leave the dressing room for a minute.  WIth the room cleared out, I stood there, took a look at myself in the mirror, and really let it hit me that I was about to get married.  It was the only time all day that I was completely by myself, and it was such a special feeling to know that a year's worth of planning was all coming together.  I hadn't planned on taking that moment, but I'm really glad that I did.
  • Options
    maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Describe the first moment you knew you were in love with your now DH?

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

What is your favorite thing about yourself?

(Can you tell I was a Psych major from those last two questions? Seriously, I love asking people those questions. You really get to the core of someone's self esteem!)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Describe the first moment you knew you were in love with your now DH?
    -About two into dating DH, he took me up to Indian Mounds Park at night to see St. Paul lit up.  At that point, I had lived here for just over a year, but I hadn't really ventured too far away from Snelling yet.  It was really pretty, and I sort of jokingly teased him that I felt like he was trying to woo me (like old-fashioned courting). I was standing on a little ledge with a railing and he came up behind me, put his arms around me, leaned over all romantic like he was going to whisper something in my ear, and then sort of obnoxiously starting saying "woowoowoowoo" over and over in my neck/ear which made me laugh uncontrollable.  I knew right then that someone who could make my heart race and make me laugh at the same time was someone I should hold on to very tightly. 

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
    -Does my student loan count?  I've had an inbetween job now for about two years.  The legal market really tanked the year that I graduated law school, and it's been difficult to find a job that I can be passionate about (that still pays off my loans).  I shouldn't complain, because many of my classmates aren't even working in the legal field at all or had to move pretty far away to find work.  Still, passion for work would be nice.

What is your favorite thing about yourself?
    -I love that I'm very organized and that I'm a planner.  Two weeks ago I planned my block's third annual block party.  We typically have between 75 - 90 people come and have a live band, kids games, and pot luck food, and the police and fire departments come by to talk to the kids.  It's a big deal and all the neighbors talk about it for the rest of the year.  I'm happy to be a part of something large than myself and help bring people together.  (thanks for the little ego boost there)
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Any big life regrets?
    Where would you be today if you'd never met DH?
    Have there been any major turning points in your life?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Any big life regrets?
    -No regrets.  I think everything happens for a reason, even if we don't no what that reason is for many years.  Of course, part of growing up is realizing that you have some less-than-steller choices along the way.  There are a few situations that I wish I would have had the maturity to handle better, but nothing that would have been life-altering.

Where would you be today if you'd never met DH?
    -Really sad.  Probalby in Oshkosh, WI.  I did my undergrad there and planned to move back after law school.  Then I met this boy who lived out here...

Have there been any major turning points in your life?
    -A few of the typical ones: graduating high school, graduating college, graduating law school and taking the bar, getting married.  One not-so-typical one: in middle school I had a big falling out with my group of friends (I refused to smoke and drink with them and they didn't want a goodie-two-shoes around).  At the time, I was devistated to lose my best friends through elementary school.  My spot at the lunch table and on the bus, I had to stay away from certain areas of the school where they hung out, and they threatened to beat me up if I told on them.  In hind sight, it was for the best, as only one of the five girls was able to straighten her life around.  The others were kicked out of school, suspected of burglary, pregnant in high school, or had some serious drug and alcohol problems.  The whole situation really helped me to search my inner self to see what kind of person I wanted to be.
  • Options
    chou_chouchou_chou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_ask-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:eef722fc-e62e-42b1-b10c-bcd3dd9542a2Post:e422aa7a-6598-43ee-b9ad-5175a94165cf">Re: Ask Me Anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]2) When I was about eight my dad and I were driving back from the bigger city about 20 miles from our country house.  My dad had gotten me a vanilla ice cream dipped in chocolate from Diary Queen  Part of the drive tooks us through the "Bryant Flats" which was a large area around town that was very flat and had a lot of open farmland.  It had rained earlier that day and there was a large rainbow shining across the sky.  My dad told me about finding a pot of gold at the end of it, and then, completely on a whim, he asked if I would like to try and find it.  We spent at least an hour driving around the flats turning down one random road after the other, seeing if we could find the end of the rainbow.  Finally, the sun burned off the mist and the rainbow disappeared, but we had a really good time looking for it. Posted by hkiesling[/QUOTE]
    This story made me cry it's so sweet and innocent...and what a fantastic "adventure" to remember with your dad.  I must be hormonal b/c I'm literally crying at work, but this really got me today....I gotta get some kleenex...and ahold of myself!  LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards