California-San Diego

Need help!! REALLY inexpensive venue

My fiance and I want to get married feb 19th 2011. Does anyone know of a really inexpensive venue here? I am not a local I am from south orange county. Our budget is 5k but that is still on the high side :/ Any help would be great!!

Re: Need help!! REALLY inexpensive venue

• sunflour42sunflour42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard Marina Village is cheap.  You might also want to check out the Quail Gardens in Encinitas or the Balboa Park club room.  They're each about $1700.  I'm not sure how much Marina Village runs.
  • ekilzer1ekilzer1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you against having it outside? Felicita Park in Encinitas has a Wedding knoll for $200/day and a wedding canopy for $400/day. They do charge you a $50 caterers fee.. but still you can't really get much cheaper than that and the park is beautiful. It only hold about 100 people though. 
  • edited December 2011
    Windmill Banquet and Catering. There food prices are AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGG!!  They will even do custom menus for around same pricing. Awesome to work with and trust me you could totally do a 5k ceremony with out a doubt!

They are located in Carlsbad!

Windmill Banqet and Catering.

Website i think it
    windmillcatering.com

:)

Ask for Kathy! She is great! Let her know Vanessa Wheeler reff

ered you! :)
  • amber2123amber2123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Angel's Landing in Jullian
    The last flower to bloom is often the most beautiful Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure where in SD you're looking, but the Shadowridge Country Club in Vista has packages starting at $44/person... it's very all-inclusive: dinner, cake, wine during dinner, etc. The coordinator, Elizabeth, is really nice as well. Good luck!
  • KtCaKtCa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've priced about 25 venues in San Diego but you need to give more info.  Do you just want the venue or do you want ceremony/reception/full blown for 5k?  How many people 20 or 150? The cheapest all-inclusive package I found was at Coronado Community center.  But, its basically a multi-purpose room off of orange ave.  you can get married on their lawn though. (look on decidio.com). 
    If you just want a location, the cheapest I found were through the Navy bases and the universities.  You don;t have to be a student to rent a facility, but you do need a military person for a base locale.  If you want, I'll send you the pros/cons list I have of 21 venues in San diego.
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Rancho Buena Vista Adobe in Vista.  It is beautiful, private all outdoors.  The venue fee is 2k including tables and chairs.  The best part is that they let you bring in any caterer you want, and buy your own alcohol which is saving us a ton of money!  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards