Second Weddings

XP Caring for elderly parents

Hi ladies, I love the "life advice" you all have here, so if you could help out a younger newlywed I'd really appreciate it

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/65571617.aspx
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP Caring for elderly parents

• There are attorneys that specialize is creating trusts & planning for the care of special needs children.  I would suggest his parents find one & use his/her expertise.  That attorney will look at their assets, including the house, and determine how best to plan for this son.  Each situation is so individual, one really needs all the information to make a good plan. 

My brother and I care for a third brother with multiple issues.  It is a heavy burden, and there are a lot of twists and turns, and not a lot of government help when the person functions fairly highly.  If you have specific questions, PM me and I will send you my email address. ~Donna
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    I agree with one of the posts from the other board.  Your BIL needs a professional diagnosis, so that your in-laws know exactly what they have on their hands.  Then ... go forth with Donna's advice.

This is your life.  As a newlywed, I would suspect children are on the way.  If that's the case, they will become your priority for the next 20+ years.  Someone (other than you) needs to come up with a plan for your BIL's care.  I wish you all the best!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards