January 2013 Weddings

January in Florida

Hey all! I was originally thinking maybe middle of November for my wedding but also thinking early January now. I live in North Florida so it never snows. The temperature difference between November and January shouldn't be too dramatic. November is a bit warmer than January.

The colors I was thinking are brown, golden yellow and hints of like maybe cranberry red. We are beekeepers and southern of course so I was thinking rustic southern style with some honeybees incorporated. Okay colors for January in Florida?
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: January in Florida

• Those colors seem a little more autumn-ish to me than winter, but if you like them, go for it!  It's your wedding, so do whatever you'd like.   I love the idea of incorporating your beekeeping into some of the details, so cute!
  • I'm in Orlando so more central but my wedding is in January also.  I like your colors because I think really anything goes as long as you're true to your personality.  Love the honeybee idea!
  • I honestly have never believed that colors have to match the seasons.  I think they have to match you as a couple.  Sounds great and super personalized to me! 

btw - it's super cool that you guys are beekeepers!  :)  do you sell any product? or just keep it?

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love your ideas!!  I don't believe in certain color schemes for certain seasons and/or geographical areas.  I say go for what you like...it's your day!  

I'm a South FL Jan. 2013 bride and I'll be using sorta traditional colors - silver, ivory and black.
    image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_january-in-florida?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:2b77858f-85f3-4208-bed7-42bcbcd59fc7Post:d68a2ac5-e8f0-4e7f-9ccb-6eaa09db685f">Re: January in Florida</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love your ideas!!  I don't believe in certain color schemes for certain seasons and/or geographical areas.  I say go for what you like...it's your day!   I'm a South FL Jan. 2013 bride and I'll be using sorta traditional colors - silver, ivory and black.
    Posted by missv19732000[/QUOTE]

I'm also a south Florida January bride and my colors are black and ivory! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards