Canada-Ontario
Options

How much are you spending on photography and videography?

I'm spending $4,600 for photography and videography. My friend (not from GTA) thinks that is completely crazy, but in my research that's pretty reasonable. A cousin of mine spent $14,000!!! 

I'm curious though - what are you spending / what did you spend? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How much are you spending on photography and videography?

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just having a photographer and she's $2500 with a second shooter.
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer was relatively inexpensive. It was the videographer that was $$$$.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think together our photographer and videographer were in the 3500-4000 range (our photos were all digital so like ringpop, it was the video that was extra $$$$). Your number sounds reasonable to me, I think it just depends on what's included.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm just having a photographer for a few hours and it will be around $1500.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im not willing to spend more than $2000 on photography, but to each there own. For Videography im also not willing to spend a lot.. but i have some hookups for that!
  • Options
    LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer is $2295 for 8 hours including her assistant.

We get all the HD images on  cd/dvd + ownership rights
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fi's aunt is an awesome photographer and has done weddings before.  She is doing ours for free. (from 9 am to 9pm, with a friend helping) We got them tickets to Rock of Ages to thank them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are spending $4000 on photography, no video. Totally worth it, because after food this was my number 1 priority
  • Options
    rktorkto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think ours is about $3K just for photog, but that includes 1 large album and 2 small albums.
    No videographer - unless you count my BIL doing rough shooting
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are also spending around 4K, but this was important to us, and we wanted a really reputable photographer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW!!! We are not having a videographer.. our photographer is $1050.00.  It's not the best deal I could find but I really liked her pics and it comes with an engagement shoot.
    We have a budget and I'm working hard to stick to it!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm spending $1,800 for two photographers and a 3rd shooter that will focus on guests and hang out with them when (us & bridal party) go with the two photographers to shoot picturs after the ceremony.  We get all the pictures on a DVD and they are unmarked for us to print anywhere.  (we get no prints or albums but we can do our own cheaper)

Photographers range so much.  So hard to pick.
  • Options
    NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    about $1500 for just a photographer (with second shooter), and she's fantastic.
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Julie Broadbent  photography http://www.juliebroadbentphotography.com/
    we are spending $1200 including taxes for 6 hours which includes a photo booth with props for our guests to take fun pictures.
    With that we get a disc full of unmarked editied photo's that are 100% ours, we even get a $60 print credit but we are free to print our own if we like. I'm super happy with our choice.
    May 2011 March Siggy: Our Venue~ Toronto Argonaut Rowing Club
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Sarah & Geoff~ May 14th, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding for a co-worker on the weekend that our photographers were covering and they had 4 photographers covering the outdoor ceremony where they planted 2 of them sitting in the crowd and then it dropped down to 2 who stayed close to midnight.  They just posted pictures from the wedding this past Sat on the blog www.bluesixcreative.com/blog (look for Kelli and Alex at Sunnybrook Estates). 

I should have my pictures soon, we shot some engagements with me yesterday!  I can't wait to see them!  I'll post them when I get them!

Message me with any questions on my package I got.
  • Options
    4eversmiling4eversmiling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI has connections so we are pretty lucky. We have one photographer for the whole day (time unlimited), another guy for 8 hours, and in the end we get 600 finished photographs as well as all the photographs taken that day. For 1500. My FI wants to have it videographed... I am ok either way if we do or don't have it videod... but he works in the 3d film world, so I have a feeling we will end up having a 3d movie of our wedding. =)
  • Options
    reason00reason00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Photographers make shitloads off the prints. I'm cutting my cost down $1500 by just getting the re-touched photos on dvd and printing elsewhere.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    im paying 1500 and thats for engagement photos, 8 hrs day of with 2nd shooter that will focus on guests, an assistant to ensure i look perfect, all pictures (about 1000) on a disk, a bunch touched up, some unedited and all rights to them
    i'm still looking for a videographer :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards