Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Wedding gifts that arrive before wedding

I'm asking this on my sister's behalf.  Her wedding is May 5th and they just got their first wedding gift.  They're allowed to open it before the wedding as long as any thank you note is signed with her current name right?  Or does she need to wait until after the wedding to open it. 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Wedding gifts that arrive before wedding

• Options
    She should open it and send a thank you note now.  She should wait until after the wedding to use it.
  • Options
    Thank you.  I told her to go ahead and open it now but then I thought I should check and make sure I was correct.
  • Options
    Yep, open it now, then send a thank-you note to the giver.  That way she lets them know that it arrived safely and un-damanged (and if ordered from a website, that it was actually what the giver ordered).   

The thank-you note shouldn't be written on stationery with her married name or monogram, but simple "Jack and Susan" stationery or personalized stationary in her maiden name are fine (as are generic thank-you cards which is what we are using for pre-wedding gifts).  

The same goes for any checks they might receive before the wedding -- they should cash or deposit any checks and write a thank-you note right away (so the giver's bank account doesn't have an out-standing check for months on end), but the money should be set aside and not spent until after the wedding.  

She'll be glad to get some of her thank-you notes out of the way early:-)
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. That's pretty much what I told her, I just wanted to check and make sure it was right.  I did check, she didn't order any stationary with a monogram or her married name so all the thank you's will be on generic thank you cards.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards