Maryland-Baltimore

corny or good idea for a wedding reception?

Memory Lane 
When you send invitations, include an insert asking guests to bring a picture of themselves with you (or both of you). Ask them to paste the photo into your guest book and describe the scene, or write about their favorite memory of you. In the end, you'll travel a whirlwind path that takes you from Cub Scouts to the office Christmas party to your first concert to last year's Fourth of July bash -- 

Re: corny or good idea for a wedding reception?

• edited December 2011
    I think its cute but I don't know that everyone would participate
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    It's a cute idea in theory but honestly...I don't think guests want a homework assignment for a wedding.  Maybe better for a bridal shower or something like that.
  • edited December 2011
    I love that idea!
  • swelchphrswelchphr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_corny-good-idea-wedding-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:85Discussion:73959223-8826-4222-af16-e5765493680aPost:d1d72b6c-f282-49f1-9271-572a6a3e9d45">Re: corny or good idea for a wedding reception?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's a cute idea in theory but honestly...I don't think guests want a homework assignment for a wedding.  Maybe better for a bridal shower or something like that.
    Posted by smange10.10[/QUOTE]

That's an adorable idea, but as someone mentioned, you may not get them from everyone and then what would you do for their pages.  Like smange said, it would be great for a bridal shower with a small group (and so that the host could personally follow up with them prior to the shower if they hadn't got one).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards