Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Engagement photos & intro

Hi!  I've been lurking for sometime and finally had a moment to post.  Looks like this is a very busy board :)  My FI & I are looking at getting married next July/early August and we are just starting the whole planning process.  This is both our second time around with getting married (and our last!) and I've been going through an oh-so-lovely 3.5 divorce process that FINALLY looks to have a light at the end of the tunnel.  We pretty much have our venue picked and have narrowed down our caterers list but until I have a sign and dated decree in my hand, we aren't signing any contracts, lol   

However, we are looking for photographers in the Upper Bucks/Eastern Montco area (still doing research on that) and would like an awesome place to get our engagement photos done at.  Can anyone recomend a reasonable photographer and/or location ideas?  We are leaning toward a vineyard wedding so that's out when it comes to engagement photos. 

Thx!

Re: Engagement photos & intro

• edited December 2011
    I will recommend Amy Tucker. She's been great thus far. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bucks County CC and Tyler State Park are right next to one another and both have beautiful picture locations. You could probably get some nice shots on the main street in downtown New Hope too.

Photographers will generally travel within an hour or so. You don't need to find someone based out of the area you will be getting married in - anyone in the greater Philadelphia area would be okay.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome, ali!!  I'm sure the ladies here will have tons of recs for you.  Also, if you look for the Philly Blog in the bottom of my signature, you'll see a list of vendors that previous knotties have used.

What is your budget for photography? 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Without knowing your photography budget, my rock star wedding photographer recommend is Tony Hoffer.  He's pricey, but there's no one better in Philly in my opinion.  

You'll also do pretty well with: 
    Doug Burns (shot my wedding)
    Sarah Schulte
    Jennifer Childress
    Sharyn Frankel
    Sandor Welsh 
    Rich Lavigne
    Ryan Estes
    Mike Landis
    and oh, my new favorite to stalk as of this week, Inku Yo. 
  • kelbell819kelbell819 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with LRM...Tony Hoffer is one of the best photographers in the Philly area. He shot my friend's wedding and I am in love with her pictures!  I tried getting him for my wedding, but he was unfortunately booked already.  I ended up going with Jenn Childress.  She is a bit pricey, but her work is also amazing!!

My FI and I plan on doing our engagement pictures in the city.  There are sooo many great places around Old City to get some amazing and interesting shots.  But if the city isn't an option, then I second Bean's suggestion for downtown New Hope.  I'm sure you could get some greats shots around there as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • alimomof2alimomof2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! We haven't really set a budget for our pictures. I skimped my first time around (maybe it was a sign, lol!) and was very sorry that I did. I rather cut things out elsewhere then to look back and wish I had better pictures. Def going to take some time to go through the Philly blog.
  • CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Philip Gabriel

But I have a huge crush on Kamila Harris

Jenna Walcott does excellent work too
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • edited December 2011
    Ali - PMing you some recommends :)
  • edited December 2011
    Also, you can read my original recommends and some from kellbell if you click the "RSS" feed button at the top of the page.  Sometimes our local troll doesn't like the same photographers as a few of us do and reports our posts so they get deleted. 
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Craig Single at www.singleexposure.com.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • julbgordojulbgordo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Matt Wright (Fig Tree Photography).  He's based around Philly and is traveling to the Poconos for our wedding.

We just had our e-pics taken with him earlier this month and he was amazing to work with.  More info about him in my planning bio (link in my siggy).
  • edited December 2011
    In case you haven't seen this yet, you have a PM with other recs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards