Hawaii

Flower Budget?

Hi ladies!  My FI and I are meeting for a consultation with Terrie Easley Designs next week, and they've asked us to fill out a general questionnaire.  One of the questions asked what our approximate budget for flowers looks like.  Truthfully, I haven't put much thought to it!  We're looking for the standard bridal party florals (1 bridal bouquet, 5 bridesmaid bouquets, maile lei for the FI, and ti leaf lei for the groomsmen), gazebo florals, flowergirl petals, and around 30 centerpieces (vases already purchased).  Problem is I have no clue what the going rate for flowers is.  I'm thinking $1800 would be ok, or is that too little?  Any help from you ladies would be greatly appreciated! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flower Budget?

• edited December 2011
    It really depends on how elaborate you're going with flowers, but my gut says your estimate is low.  Here's how I broke it down:

Bride's bouquet - $150
    Bridesmaids - $80
    Leis - $150
    Petals - $150

That leaves $950 for centerpieces and gazebo flowers.  Let's talk centerpieces only - you've left yourself about $30 per centerpiece.  That means you're looking at minimal fresh flowers and instead lots of leaves / fruits / water / sand.  Most of the smaller floral centerpieces I looked at were $60-$75.

With that said, there's nothing wrong with going in with a lower estimate.  I just wanted you to be aware that, depending on what you envision, you'll likely be paying a bit more than $1800.
  • edited December 2011

I just wanted to add an ahhhh for flower pricing. I really don't want to end up spending too much on flowers. =S. I myself haven't been able to put a "budget" to flowers.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dianalynmdianalynm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking of buying lavender in bulk and alternating between floral centerpieces and lavender centerpieces.

I also was going to use the bridesmaids bouquets and centerpieces for the tables to save on cost. You can't take fresh flowers back to the states, anyway, so what would they do with them? At the end of the night, they can take them back to their hotel rooms and enjoy them for the rest of the trip, but really, how else would they be used other than holding for down the aisle?

So, using the bouquets for the bridesmaids and centerpieces! I think that will help TONS with the budget...
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tiggy5555tiggy5555 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also not really going to do much for flowers because you can't take them back to the states and they aren't going to last that long. I plan on putting together all my own centerpieces with the help of family the day before. We have a smaller group though. I suggest buy in bulk or even go to local markets and buy pre-arranged pieces. The Safeway on Maui will pre-order flowers for you as well and that may end up being cheaper than having a florist.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image139 Were invited to paradise!
    image 39 Are ready to party!
    image 100 Are stuck on the mainland!
    image 0 Need to check their mail!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Tanq's numbers, but my bouquet was $200. My budget was $2000 for everything: my bouquet, 6 bridesmaid bouquets, 2 mom corsages, 8 boutonnierres (gm and dad), RB leis, FG hair flowers, 4 sponsor leis, 2 flower arrangements for corners of the arches, petals for the aisle, and garland for hanging across chairs down the aisle. It didn't leave much for centerpieces. 6 very simple centerpieces - 2 hurricanes with submerged dendro orchids. Price also included delivery.
  • edited December 2011
    I had a pretty small wedding, so we only paid 850$ ish.

my bouquet - 130$
    bridesmaids - carried parasols (12$)
    guest leis - 60$ (Maui Floral through Costco)
    Speciality leis - 250$ (mine, my husbands, our parents, groomsmen and BMs)
    centerpieces - 125$ per table (with 3 centerpieces on each)
    monstera leaf place mats - 1.50$ ea

So, ultimately, if 1800$ is your budget, then that's your budget. Decide from there what's really important for you to have and go from there.
  • Nahoku2012Nahoku2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks ladies! I'm going to have to sit down with the FI and break our flower budget down as you folks have above.  I think that will get a better idea of everything.  Thanks for the useful input!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't really thought about mine too much. I was just going to see if the Costco in Oahu does orders. I was going to just order hydrangeas or something white and round like that.

Do you know what flowers you want? I think depending what type of flower can also make costs go up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards