Connecticut
Options

DJ Average Cost

Hello Knotties!  Would anyone be willing to share how much they paid for their DJ?  I am looking at some now and want to know if their prices are reasonable.  Thanks!

Re: DJ Average Cost

• Options
    Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_dj-average-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:3bc07204-ed62-4f07-9088-c207f46063a2Post:d21ae353-8b11-407d-9479-6bb5c747811c">DJ Average Cost</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello Knotties!  Would anyone be willing to share how much they paid for their DJ?  I am looking at some now and want to know if their prices are reasonable.  Thanks!
    Posted by MrsAD2013[/QUOTE]

When FI and I started looking at DJs we were surprised at how much they can cost.

Our DJ is DJae Melee who is a board fave, and we are paying $975 for his all inclusive package which includes uplighting. I know he has packages that are less then that too :)  We inquired to two other DJs and got quoted well above $3,000 for both of them. I would say that you are going to see a wide range of prices anywhere from under $1000 (based on your needs for that day) to well above $3,000.

HTH!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    The best way to figure out if the price is reasonable is to ask a couple different DJs for a price quote. Prices do go up each year, so what we paid might be different. My DJ cost less than $1,000. 
  • Options
    Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I would say the average cost is around $1100, but you can find DJs at a much lower or higher price.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    We're paying about $1050
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would say anywhere between $1000-$3000 depending upon your area and what package you choose.

GL!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We're paying $800 but we bargained shopped big time... bridal show season is upon us if you're looking to save money!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2013 brides December 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaids Dress
  • Options
    We paid $1000 but got a discount because we were referred by a mutual friend.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards