September 2013 Weddings

So anxious to start planning, but is it too soon?

Hey girls!
 I am so ready to jump into the whole wedding planning but wonder if it is too soon? I want to go dress shopping but I am scared that new desses will come out and I will see something else I like better! What do you all have planned so far? Have you started a lot of diy projects already? I am sure once I really start the planning process I will want more time, but I just don't want to get ahead of myself! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: So anxious to start planning, but is it too soon?

• I have some things planned but others I am waiting on!  I think it all depends on when you are ready to go!  All of my friends suggested doing things sooner rather than later because of how things book up.  I have my photographer, reception site, church, and dress design (my mom is making my dress!)  other than that beginning to start to delve into the videographer, DJ, caterer, etc!  :)
    ?Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.?
  • Nope..it's not too soon. I have my dress, ceremony location , reception venue, and photographer. And we have an appointment with a videographer in the next few weeks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It is definately not too soon ! Between the winter holidays and Valentine's Day, engagement season just ended which means new brides will be looking at 2013 dates since most 2012 dates will be booked already for main vendors. 

We have our church, reception venue, photographer, and caterer booked, and I have all of my DIY projects planned out so I can start using my 50% off coupons every week for Michaels and Joanns :) No way would I miss a coupon for half off all my supplies!

I am not dress shopping until later in the year because 1) there will be new styles and 2) im trying to get in better shape

I would definately start seriously looking at major vendors (venue, photo, caterer) as those are the first things most brides book. 

Happy Planning :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks so much everyone! I feel much better about starting planning soon! I want to try to do a lot of my stuff for the wedding as diy projects (to keep costs low and to make it more personal/unique)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I jumped right into my planning after all the excitment of the RING!!! lol!!! i dont think its ever to early you have alot more time to choose what you want and get the best feel for every vender of every type you can really explore you whole wedding planning with out feeling over stressed on every thing. I think its great to plan earlier then later. Time is allways on your side!!
    so far i have picked out a venue and that all now i am just looking into other things like photography, and floral companies of who offer the best deals. mainly because i am on a very tight buget its great to have alot of time because then you can lock down some great deals plus you dont really have to worry about your favorit vendor being booked on your special DAY

good luck planning hope it goes great for you!!

• I have a venue - going to visit reception potentials in May (they're at the beach and I don't want to torture myself with sand when I can't enjoy it lol).  I'm actually flipping through photog portfolios right now.  I have a coordinator and pretty sure I have my colors settled.

I went dress shopping once to keep mom happy, and she's dying to go again but I don't have plans to do so until at least mid-summer :)

I'll be DIY-ing a lot and already have it planned out as far as knowing what I need to get it done, but not the actual timeline I'll be using to complete everything.  I've been dragging FI into Michael's every week with a coupon and have most of the base supplies, but anything that would be color-specific is waiting until I know for sure that the colors we (I) picked are really the ones we (I) want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • KelleyKelzKelleyKelz member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    You sound EXACTLY like me!  I've wanted to start planning so bad, and have.  Mostly getting ideas together.  We have nothing booked yet, just throwing out ideas.  I am worried about the dress too...plus.  I don't want to look too early.  I'm sure that the best plan there is once you have it, DON'T look at anything else Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've gone nuts on my Pinterest board.  Thank goodness it was my FSIL/MOH's idea and she's on board which looking at pictures.  I think I might drive anyone else nuts:D

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards