Flowers
Options

I just ordered my flowers and now I'm rethinking!

I only have a 12 hour window to cancel so here is why I am panicking!

Our invitations, reply cards, etc. are all decorated with red gerbera daisies as this is our color and favorite flower. I just ordered bouquets, stems and boutonnieres and now I'm terrified that I'm overdoing the red gerbera. We literally are not choosing another flower. Each table is only going to have 3 or so stems in a bud vase and candles on the table and my bouquet alone is only deep red gerbera. The bridesmaids do have a bit of white in theirs since their dresses are red.

Help! Did I make the wrong decision? When is a repeated flower, too much??

Re: I just ordered my flowers and now I'm rethinking!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There is no right or wrong here. A repeated flower is never too much. You're probably over-thinking this, but it's your wedding and your money. Do whatever flowers you like and think will be most beautiful.

You can probably re-do your order with the florist until pretty close to the wedding. There might be extra charges, but it's not like the flowers come in months in advance, specially for you. They only come in a couple days before, tops.
  • Options
    soozy87soozy87 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. If you like it then go for it! I think it sounds nice and the flow works well, but if you think it is too much add a different kind of flower as well to go with the daisies.
    ~May 21,2011~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    relax.. it's great!
  • Options
    jcl4565jcl4565 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're already mixing it up with the candles on the table and the white in the BMs bouquets.  I think it will look lovely :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mandy270mandy270 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that everything will look amazing the way you have it planned already.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Sounds great! No one will be thinking any of this... prior the wedding, during, or after.... but YOU!! :) You've made some great choices!!! I agree with the rest ... Relax!! This is your Wedding.. who says what's right or wrong!! Best Wishes

• Options
    mexitalicanmexitalican member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, everyone! I am leaving it the way it is :)

I will admit, relaxation is not on my list right now but I will try!

15 days to go!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can I ask did you order online? Or through a local shop? I really wanted fresh flowers but everyone is teling me its a waste :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE gerber daisies - you could take those gerber daisies for your tables, take the stems off and put them in vases and have them float - then have something like this inside the vase
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards