Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Ring problems...

My engagement ring is a sapphire ring.

That is EXACTLY what it looks like and I'm trying to find a sapphire ring to go with it for a wedding ring. I want to find something that has tiny stones around the band. But I can't find anything.. :(

Any idea where I can find a decent priced sapphire band?
Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Ring problems...

• Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So you want your wedding band to have tiny sapphires? Hmmm. I don't know if I have seen one like that, but I'm sure someone has or can make something like that. 

Or, what if you got a band with tiny diamonds? That would still look good since you have them in your E ring. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We get everything from Kaminski Jewelry- they are so nice and their prices are always great, and I've seen some very unique pieces there.  HTH!
    Can't wait to marry my man! October 28, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_ring-problems?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:9e5b1bee-8c72-4c79-8fc9-1dd6aa134a23Post:a63bc6e8-aa33-464e-9261-ade9106f1f9d">Re: Ring problems...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We get everything from Kaminski Jewelry- they are so nice and their prices are always great, and I've seen some very unique pieces there.  HTH!
    Posted by nolebride08[/QUOTE]

When FI was going to custom design my e-ring he went to Kaminski's the prices were great, and he could tell them what he wanted.

I also agree with the small diamonds around it, it would look beautiful and wouldn't take away from your e-ring. I think it would make the Sapphires really stand out.

That ring is really pretty btw!
  • Options
    pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I would advise doing the diamonds on the wedding ring instead of sapphires. I think doing a ton of tiny sapphires may be a bit of sapphire overload. 

Generally it's okay to do a bunch of diamonds because they don't have a color so they don't overwhelm your hand or the setting. Sapphires have such a deep color that I think doing all sapphires in your wedding ring just might be a little much. But doing sapphires AND diamonds on your ring would work as well. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for the advice!
    I see what ya'll are saying about the sapphires being too much. I have an unhealthy obsession with sapphires now so I am constantly looking at them lol. 

I was actually thinking about ShaneCo this morning on the way to work... I can't believe I forgot about them!! 

And I've never heard of Kaminski's before so I'll definitely check them out.
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may also want to check out Etsy if you decide to go the custom route or I know that Overstock also has blue sapphire bands.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've had wonderful experiences at ShaneCo
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having the same issues.  I have a sapphire and diamond e-ring and want something similar to that for my band.  It is extremely hard to find.  There are quite a few options though at Americasmart.  If you are able to get into there, there are about 3 jewelry stores in particular that are really great and the prices are amazing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards