Not Engaged Yet

Just wanted to share

So I know there have been posts before about girls thinking they are getting engaged and sharing it with everyone here. Some are a little crazy, and some are just being joyful, and some I have no idea. So I am not sure where I fit in that, but here is the deal.

My boyfriend, of 6 years, took me to a jewelry store, which he has done in the past and nothing came of it. While there I found my ring, the one that I can not stop thinking about, the one that I think fits me perfectly, in shape and its unique nature (or at least I think unique). It is a Blue Topaz (my birthstone), in a Halo setting, white gold, thin band, and I LOVE it. It is also well with in our price range, actually on the lower side. He got all the information and the information on financing as well. This is the first time he has worked so much on information with rings.

So while I have no ring, and no idea if he will get one, I am slightly more excited at the idea of maybe...

I just wanted to share!Kiss

Re: Just wanted to share

• I can understand your excitement, I'm happy for you.  Let us know when he asks!
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • I was equally excited the first time FI wanted to go look at rings. And that was over a year before he actually proposed. So it's definitely exciting, but, for the sake of your own sanity, try to put it out of your mind. The ring sounds really pretty, btw. I love topaz.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_ideas-to-ask-my-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:70bf5dfc-37b7-4da4-8ef3-774c0a4c1682Post:4c2184af-4bb4-47bd-bcc5-2f67fe3ef3e6">Ideas to ask my Bridesmaids</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am an actor by nature, so I wanted a way to ask my friends to be a part of our day in a creative way that shows the actor in me. We are already planing on programs like those found at plays for our wedding, and I got the idea of doing something unique with the bridal party when a friend of mine told me to get married and cast her in it. I just don't know how to go about the casting and could really use some help! And just for everyone's information, in case people wonder. My boy and I are not engaged yet, but we have been together for 6 years, and he said it will happen as soon as he has the money to get the ring, so we started thinking and planning already...
    Posted by ANPierce25[/QUOTE] <div>
    </div><div>Just a heads up, this board generally doesn't promote pre-planning. 

</div>

• msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, I agree with the PP. And that took some convincing by the others on this board too. Preplanning and obsessing about it will only drive you crazy. Especially, if he's someone like my bf that did that to me 4 months ago, but hasn't given me anything. Without a ring, you aren't engaged. Enjoy being happy in a relationship. The rest will come naturally.  
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Your ring sounds gorgeous... but like PP said. Now that you found your ring, just get it out of your mind. FI and I started looking at rings about 8 months or so before he proposed. It's exciting, but try not to think about it anymore.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_just-wanted-to-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0970a025-7e35-4dd1-a4d1-1d3509021e71Post:fe444115-db1e-4596-a599-c908bc0f7bea">Re: Just wanted to share</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just wanted to share : Now I want to know what you PMed about.  not because I'm nosey or anything. ANPierce, just sit back and don't get too excited, next thing you now you will be caught up in the riptide of big adult decisions, ranging from wedding guest list problems, in-law drama, to baby stuff, house stuff, trying to choose a city to live in together, ect.  Enjoy dating while it lasts.  
    Posted by hellotarra[/QUOTE]

She asked her where she lives.  That was definitely not the first thing I did after opening this thread.  I did not ask Sak why she PMed her.  Nope, nope, definitely not.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In reguards to the "pre-planning" thing, the boy and I have been together for 6 years. He bought me a wedding notebook for christmas, and is already tossing ideas around with me. It has been the money, the big issue, that has stopped the enganement concept. So I am not sure how people feel about pre-planning, but it is something we do as a couple and works for us.

As for the adult things, lol. We have lived together since 2 months into our relationship. We moved to Florida and back together. While wedding guest might be a headach, I love his parents and him mine. Babies are WAY down the road for us, and the house well...been there and worked through it. So we are not a couple starting off we have been together a while and been through some very crazy things. I have enjoyed the dating, ready to move to the next step.
  • In Response to Just wanted to share:
    My boyfriend talked to my parents 6 months ago, still no ring. Then he talked to my pastor about it. Still no ring. Last week he asked me the ring questions like what's my ring size and what kind of stone do I like, etc. I got super excited and showed him some that I liked online if he really, really wanted to know. I'm taking the advice of others who replyed to this post, and I'm trying to put it out of my mind so I don't lose my mind!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards