Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Wedding Venues help

I recently got engaged and looking to plan a wedding on a budget. When it comes to a venue I would really love to find a place that is full of character but won't break the bank. I was wondering if anyone knows of a great location in the New Orleans area to hold a wedding ceremony and reception for a great price. Also, and has anyone ever found like a barn or something in that fashion?

Re: Wedding Venues help

• Options
    Mallory835Mallory835 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Yes, check out the Destrehan Plantation's Mule Barn.  This is where I am having my reception. The price is reasonable, they have an amazing caterer, and the coordinator is super helpful! I know you said New Orleans, but I don't think there is a barn venue any closer than Destrehan's. Check it out! It is extremely unique!
  • Options
    Mallory835Mallory835 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Here is a picture of part of the inside. The barn is really long and there is a patio area with a cover that connects to the back. It can hold up to 300 people. They have wedding ceremonies under a giant oak usually, but I think they have them in the barn as well.
  • Options
    We used the Presidential Palace reception hall. The price was perfect, the owners were so nice they served SO MUCH FOOD! it's very pretty too! It's not a barn but its very elegant! The website is www.presidentialpalace.com Good luck!
  • Options
    Hi!  I am an event planner in the New Orleans area and would love to help you find the perfect venue for your wedding!  We love to get creative and think outside of the box and can work with any budget.  Our fees are the lowest in the business.  We have wonderful relationships with many vendors and are able to secure up to 20% referral discounts, which in turn makes our service free to you, and in many cases, still save you 10%.

Look over our website and let me know if you have any questions!  We would love the opportunity to meet with you!

Lauren Cardinale
    lauren@nolapartyology.com
  • Options
    It's not a barn, but it is a true Nola style venue.  

I am using Margaret Gardens in the lower Garden District for my reception as we are getting married in Jackson Square.  I live in Virginia but found Margaret Gardens online and got a great deal.  My fiance' and I stopped by there last weekend and it really took my breath away!  The pictures on the website are true to form and Linda has been great to work with.   It made me even more excited about my wedding (if thats possible).

Congratulations and good luck planning! 
  • Options
    I've been a wedding a Destrehan Plantation and the barn is stunning, especially if that's what you're looking for. You definitely won't go wrong there!
    future Mrs. Sansoni :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards