New York-Upstate

Has anyone blocked rooms at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Saratoga?

If so..have you had trouble with them? I am having the worst time with my block there. Haven't sent invites out yet so not everyone knows hotel info but have told bridal party, out of town guests etc. When they've called to book rooms they've been told either the block is full (which is impossible at this point), they can't find the block under our name or they have found the block but can't reserve rooms due to their computer system. Have talked to their Group Sales person who for the 3rd time this week DOES NOT return phone calls. I spoke to her Monday morning and she said she would try and figure out whats goiong on and get back to me that afternoon...it's now 5 days later!!!! I've spoken to a manager who thought she got it sorted out and said it depended on who's last name they entered in first to try and locate the block but when the next person called...same BS! What the heck!!!!???

Re: Has anyone blocked rooms at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Saratoga?

• edited December 2011
    Let me clarify..when I said I called Group Sales for 3rd time...didn't mean in one week but over the course of trouble booking the block to begin with I've had to call her various times and this is the 3rd time she was "going to get back to me"
  • edited December 2011
    I was looking to block rooms for our wedding next July and when I called they referred me to someone named Dorothy who emailed me back about 5 days later only to tell me I can't block romms until September.  Not sure why I have to wait two months.... but I have stayed there and it is nice!

Hope everything works out for you!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey there! Good luck with Hampton Inn, we had the same problem and due to all the issues decided to cancel the contract and go with Saratoga Hilton instead. Katie Bunn the GM at the Hilton has been a great help, although I really have an issue with their charging $3.00/bag to welcome guests, but other than that I'm so glad we made the switch as there are issues that have come up and I'm sure Hampton Inn wouldn't have cared less. We haven't gotten married yet, but if you don't mind waiting until the fall I can let you know how the Hilton treats us... Best of Luck either way!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info...unfortunately it's too late for us to switch now. I agree the hotel is really nice and everyone there is nice. It's the sales manager Amy who doesn't seem to do her job. We'll see how it all works out...but if anyone is considering blocking there I would reconsider!!!!
  • twixygirltwixygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have also had the hardest time blocking them for my wedding in May... I was told 2 weeks ago that the woman covering Amy's work (I guess she's out) that she would call me back by 2pm that day.... still have not got a call back. And that is with another phone call and email followup placed.... I'm definitly reconsidering my hotel choice... where would others recommend that have nice rooms and reasonable prices?
  • edited December 2011

I gave this job to my fiance since my last post and he was able to block 20 rooms at the Hampton Inn last week.  He played alot of phone tag with them and was bounced around from person to person... but he was persistant and able to get some rooms.  Since most of our guests will be travelling for the wedding we now have to see about blocking more.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards