California-San Diego

Best Steakhouse/Seafood?

Hi Ladies,
I am looking to do a reception in the San Diego area and was wondering what is the best steakhouse and seafood restaurant? I also want something on the beach but that's not really necessary. Any suggestions?
Anniversary

Re: Best Steakhouse/Seafood?

• hh581842hh581842 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    umm my favorite is Island Prime.  It sits on stilts over the water on Harbor Island dr. with views of Coronado and Downtown.  Plus the food is AMAZING.  It would be cool for a reception inside or out, but outside, they have a beautiful patio that I think would be awesome.  Just remember for any steakhouse/restaurant, to have a party in a private area, they will probably want to be compensated at least the amount they would have made if the room had been available to regular diners so it's gonna get pricey.  

Other great steakhouses--Flemings in Downtown.  I had a delicious meal there recently.  I wanted to dump by boyfriend for the filet mignon and get married.  haha.  So tender! It was like melting in my mouth. Also Greystone, Mortons, Ruths Chris all in DT.  

Now, I haven't eaten at the following places but I've seen the restaurant or had cocktails there and they would be great reception venues for a smaller party! JRDN restaurant at Tower23 in PB.  Or just Tower23.  I love the menu and the look of the restaurant/hotel.  It's right on the water, and it has a few large rooms and possibly a rooftop overlooking the beach where i've seen parties going on.  GREAT spot for a reception. Also Kitchen 1540 at L'Auberge Del Mar in Del Mar.  They have a great outdoor area to do a reception. Plus, both of these places are located in hotels, so you aren't limited to the restaurant itself, you have the whole hotel to play with.  Tower would probably be less expensive than L'Auberge though, and probably more unique with the direct (amazing!) views of the water.

hope this helped! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I second Ruth's Chris, amazing!  The one downtown is right on the harbor, there is also one in Del Mar, GL!
    ~Margaret (and Nick)~
    Post-Wedding Life Blog!
    A10 Siggy Challenge: Next Vacation Destination: San Francisco!
  • edited December 2011
    Well, it's probably not the best steakhouse in San Diego, but we're having our reception at the Butcher Shop in Kearny Mesa.  I've eaten there and the food is really good (although the steaks aren't on par with Ruth's Chris) and they have a completely seperate area for large parties that includes a dance floor.
  • edited December 2011
    Ruth's Chris or Donovan's are my personal favorites.. Bali Hai on Shelter Island is very pretty and has good for for the price!
    We just stopped preventing January 2013! I use a tablet so please forgive my auto correct! :)
  • nd76nd76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked into Island Prime/C Level for our rehearsal dinner and I just have to say, as people in the food industry, we were not impressed.  For the price, you should have higher expectations. As far as seafood goes, The Fish Market is excellent... much better quality.  The atmosphere might not be what you are looking for, although they do parties. 
  • hh581842hh581842 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    really? what did you not like about Island Prime?  I'm in the food industry too, and I had wonderful service, and the food/drinks were awesome! I still remember (2 years later!!) that when I went with the BF I had the tartar trio and the filet mignon, and I started with a Mojito to drink and then we got a DELICIOUS bottle of red per the server's suggestion.  Plus I've known pple that have worked there, and they would always tell me about the restaurant's high standards for service and food quality in general.  plus the location is beautiful.  

That was actually where my BF and I had our first date!!!!! hehe.  So maybe it has been romanticized in my mind, but the other times I've been there previously I always walked away pleased.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Azul Steakhouse in La Jolla. It over looks the cove, beautiful at sunset.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards