Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

PSA: Love Pic Love Boudoir

http://www.groupon.com/deals/love-pic-love-dallas-1?c=all&p=17

I have no idea if that's a referral link or not, but I have heard good things about their photography!

Re: PSA: Love Pic Love Boudoir

• Options
    angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I haven't heard much either way about Love Pic Love, but I did buy a Groupon from them last year and then got my money back from Groupon.  You don't get to schedule your own date and time, at least not when I bought one.  Instead, they do a mass of sessions on select days that they handpick, similar to other photographers "mini sessions."  Except that you don't know this when you buy a Groupon.  For some people this could be a dealbreaker (not being able to have flexibility in choosing a date/time or location), so just an FYI.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_psa-love-pic-love-boudoir?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:04fad921-6571-40a0-a00a-00998357b9b3Post:b6eee814-6243-4841-83dc-ce0bf0a47088">Re: PSA: Love Pic Love Boudoir</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't heard much either way about Love Pic Love, but I did buy a Groupon from them last year and then got my money back from Groupon.  You don't get to schedule your own date and time, at least not when I bought one.  Instead, they do a mass of sessions on select days that they handpick, similar to other photographers "mini sessions."  Except that you don't know this when you buy a Groupon.  For some people this could be a dealbreaker (not being able to have flexibility in choosing a date/time or location), so just an FYI.
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

Yikes... thanks for that!
    I had no idea... I just saw it when I was browsing through.
  • Options
    It's all good!  That was over a year ago so they may not do that anymore.  And like I said, I don't really have any feedback on their photography either way (I thought their samples looked awesome online and we were REALLY excited to use them for e-pics) but just thought I would point this out in case something like that would be a dealbreaker for anyone.  We wanted a certain location, a specific time of day, and I didn't want to be photographed at 7 PM after they'd been taking pics of people allllll day.

However, if you have a flexible schedule, this may not matter to you at all and then this would be an excellent deal. :)
  • Options
    I e-mailed them to ask, I've been trying to figure out how I can get these photos done, and unfortunately my photographer friend who I could get to do these for me is upset at me right now because I didn't consult her before getting engaged....so I'll let you know what I find
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    UPDATE: This is the response from them.
    Hey,
    The first Groupon deal we ran ended up selling around 300. Because of the large amount of people who purchased it we had to come up with a system to streamline getting everyone's session taken care of in a 6 month period. That was the reason for the per-arranged times and location. It was a little hectic to say the least! This deal is definitely different. The session will be held in the studio but we'll schedule you a date and time that works for you. I will tell you, weekends are a bit difficult for us because we shoot so many weddings, but occasionally we can fit in a Sunday. I'm positive we'll find an appointment time you'll be happy with! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks-
    Alyssa
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's great that they responded to you, and were honest about the weekends.
    Brownie points for customer service.
  • Options
    angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_psa-love-pic-love-boudoir?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:04fad921-6571-40a0-a00a-00998357b9b3Post:babaa2c7-e4e0-4304-9c1b-c0a175af0b1c">Re: PSA: Love Pic Love Boudoir</a>:
    [QUOTE]UPDATE: This is the response from them. Hey, The first Groupon deal we ran ended up selling around 300. Because of the large amount of people who purchased it we had to come up with a system to streamline getting everyone's session taken care of in a 6 month period. That was the reason for the per-arranged times and location. It was a little hectic to say the least! This deal is definitely different. The session will be held in the studio but we'll schedule you a date and time that works for you. I will tell you, weekends are a bit difficult for us because we shoot so many weddings, but occasionally we can fit in a Sunday. I'm positive we'll find an appointment time you'll be happy with! Let me know if you have any other questions! Thanks- Alyssa
    Posted by roseofdeborah[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>So I wonder what happens if they sell that many again?  That's great they were honest!  You <u>don't</u> seem to find that as much these days.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA:  Clarification

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards