Maine
Options

Invite help

amshaw1amshaw1 member
First Comment
I have a proof, I don't want to post them online but if someone's around let me know if I can get your feedback

I am wondering how the wording sounds.  It's super casual and I was trying to reflect that.

Re: Invite help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You can PM me!  My invitation wording is pretty casual too!
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sweet! On its way!
  • Options
    H&S091711H&S091711 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm here too if you want another opinion :)
    Offbeat Brides & September 2011 August Siggys - Pets and Honeymoon Location: Roatan, Honduras!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm here, too, if you need a third set of eyes.  
  • Options
    amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Follow up question:

Did anyone do online or email RSVP?  I am almost pulling the trigger but realizing the RSVP cards are costing an extra $25 and then add the $15 postage on top. 

I was thinking RSVP regrets to email@email.com or 207-123-4567
    Honestly I don't really need RSVP's, I am doing BBQ for 50 regardless so it's not like my caterer needs a number.

Jess I will send you a copy too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would still get RSVPs.  Even if it won't affect how much food you get, I think it makes people take it a little more seriously.  I mean, I would hope that people would be serious about attending a wedding, but it seems like having to RSVP might make them a little more likely to put it on their calendars.  Especially in the age of FB invites and evites, it seems like I RSVP for everything.  

How many people are you having?  I think on your invite having a line that said "RSVPs to email or phone #" would be good, if it wouldn't be too overwhelming to get all the contacts.  I would guess most people would RSVP via email if they are tech-savy.  Maybe you could make a separate email account for it, if you haven't already.  

We had traditional RSVP cards, but FI also made it so people could RSVP through our website, and a couple of people did.  
  • Options
    amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks - Y'know with just 40-ish people and 25ish invites, its like an extra $40 total.  So I'm just gonna bite the bullet and do it so I can cross it off my list.

Keeping the cards keeps it easy, and I will gladly pay $40 for peace of mind :) I spend more than that going out to dinner twice a week.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BTW, the invitations are freaking adorable!!!!  Love them!  I'm glad you're opting for the RSVP cards.  We did those as well, and actually have space for them to RSVP for both the wedding and the rehearsal dinner.  
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can PM them to me as well if you want another look over.  I would still do an RSVP, because even though it sounds crazy, there are still people who don't have computers or internet access.
  • Options
    littlefieldmjlittlefieldmj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did RSVP cards along with a note that guests could "Save a stamp" and RSVP online.  We stamped envelopes for people we knew would RSVP traditionally (grandparents w/o computers, ettiquette snobs, etc). 

Most people - including my e-snob grandmother - have RSVP'd online.  I might be breaking a few rules, but for our casual wedding, I don't think anyone that's been invited has had a problem with it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback everyone!!!!!

Yeah online or by phone would totally fit our vibe and style but I realized I was then having to keep track of phone calls, voicemails, emails, etc. 

At this point in my planning I want a Staples "That was easy" button :)
  • Options
    H&S091711H&S091711 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    amy they are too freakin adorable! i love the!! i think everything looks great and i would agree with PP, do some kind of an RSVP, if nothing else it'll be fun to know who's in and who's not. as a side note i saw a really cute way of rsvp'ing that is a little more casual that i wished i had heard before i printed up our response cards...can't wait, can't come. how cute?!

i'm still lusting after your crabby invites, love love love them!
    Offbeat Brides & September 2011 August Siggys - Pets and Honeymoon Location: Roatan, Honduras!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards