August 2012 Weddings
Options

Limo Shuttle? (XP)

Hi everyone,  I am having a relatively small wedding but with a few guests for whom making the trek from the parking area to our ceremony site would be difficult. I'm toying with the idea of hiring someone to shuttle our guests. There are only about 60 guests, and the round trip from the parking lot to the ceremony site would take under 5 minutes (even with loading and unloading).

Would you rent a towncar(seating 4) or a limo(seating 6+)?
ExerciseMilestone

Re: Limo Shuttle? (XP)

• Options
    Depending on your budget, you could also look at a party bus, or a trolley.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I thought about something like that, but since this is mainly meant to service the guests who have mobility issues, i didn't want to get something that they would have difficulty getting into and out of Frown
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    You could also do a golf cart... cheaper and if it goes with your venue and theme I think its cute!!!
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How many guests will you need transportation for. Are you planing on moving them all in one trip or shuttle them each as they arrive/leave. If you will be shuttling them each as they arrive, and there are only a few ho need it, then I think the town car would be really nice. I might be worried about people seeing others being shuttled and then expecting to be shuttled themselves.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 95image Invited 66image Ready to party 21image Declined
  • Options
    The idea is to shuttle them as they arrive/leave. There's only a handful who legitimately need it, but I want it to be available to all.

I like the golf cart idea... I'll have to see if there's anyone in my area who would have one for-hire...

Thanks ladies, you've been really helpful so far!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    We hired a limo to carry 14 at a time back and forth.  It is better to more room than not enough because guest can get irritated having to wait.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If your guests have mobility issues, the town car might be easier for them to get in and out of.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards