Ohio-Columbus

Center Piece Advice please!

Ok, so I am not a flower person at all and I really don't care too much about centerpieces and such, but I don't want them to be stupid. Right now the plan for the center pieces is to have 14" mirrors with a 7" very simple vase with moss, a cream/ ivory rose (fake)and an ivory floating candle. Then there will be 4-5 red volives arounf the vase. The venue has very soft light that is a lot like candle light. I was thinking that this will be enough because the mirrors will make it appear bigger and create dimension. But, I am reading stuff online and seeing tv shows that say with a 60" round table the centerpieces are tall, or short and big. The table setting is just the silverware and a napkin with a water glass. I was also thinking about using some sort of classy confetti on the table if need be. Our theme is music, so maybe music notes as confetti. What do you all think. A) will these be too small? B) is confetti stupid?

Re: Center Piece Advice please!

• Keeep in mind that what you see on TV and what you read about is from brides with bigger budgets.

We are having a few very simple vases and baby's breath. Some will be submerged, others will be a full arrangement.

The submerged flowers will have a floating candle.
    No mirrors. We are also have some votives.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I think the mirror is big enough, but I would make the vase bigger with more of the fake roses and put the votives around the mirror to take up more of the center of the table. Unless you're putting 10 people at each table, then keep it the way you have it because they'll need all the room they can get!
    Sept 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
    But instead of yellow, mine will be peridot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2012
    LOL....let me guess....you saw that on 4 weddings? :) Those ladies have some serious budgets! FI told me I should stop watching because they are going to warp my 6k budget's brain! :) That said, I am also using 7" vases....green polished rocks on the bottom, with a single submerged calla lilly and a floating candle...or at least thats the plan right now! I found blossom branches online last night that were VERY reasonable and I am considering using them and creating larger centerpieces!
  • saacjwsaacjw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt, if you do confetti, get something that is a generic, geometric shape rather than a music shape, because the music shapes remind me too much of orchestra banquets and booster meetings. BUT that's just my opinion and it could look really good with the rest of what you have. I think your centerpiece they way you described it should be big enough, but if you're in doubt, do a test run by marking off an area that's the right size for the table and setting it. Then remember, if it looks a bit empty, consider what it will look like with extra glasses, food plates, and other things that migrate to tables. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • are you going to have white linens?  if so, a table runner or colored square of fabric under the mirror might help to bring some dimension to your tables.  That is what we did (table runners), and it worked out really well!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are having large round tables as well. Our centerpieces are going to be small, but it's what we can afford. They will be pretty, but nothing super dramatic. I honestly can't remember what a single centerpiece looked like at any wedding i've been to, or been involved in! Just do what you think will look nice and what will look pretty to you. If you love your idea you mentioned above, then do it :) I think it sounds pretty!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards