Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Accomac Catering?

Hey ladies,
Does anyone have any familiarity with Accomac Catering? Thanks! 
image image
Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12

Re: Accomac Catering?

• Options
    redtails22redtails22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They aren't too far away from where I live. The food is ok, I wouldn't say its fantastic and they are very very expensive.

The venue we are at has them as one of the 3 caterers you have to use and they lady at the venue told me they are overrated and like $50 a person.

Again this is all hearsay, so. Try weddingwire.com. They usually have reviews from other brides who may have used them.
  • Options
    mamie329mamie329 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reply! I'm MOH for my friend whose getting married at the same venue as yours. I'm looking at the quote from both Accomac and the in house caterer, and actually the in house seems to be more expensive, which my friend was led to believe would be the opposite. 

Have you had  tastings w/th either caterer? 
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmmmm, really. I didn't even contact Accomac because I knew of their rep from here in town as being a more expensive place. I do know that I just found out a few days ago that the house caterer is a realitve of the owners of the mill, maybe that's why they push him.

I can tell you that we booked the house caterer and had our tasting last month. The food was absolutely amazing! my FI is a very picky eater and he wanted to lick the place. In the 2 years we've been together I've never seen him touch a salad and he couldn't stop raving about how good it was. lol

Ours came out to about $21.95 a person. Where they really get you is the fee for servers. We are having a buffet style but they still estimate we need 8 servers which includes kitchen staff. Its a huge chunk of change. Maybe that is where Accomac is coming up cheaper at? Dunno
  • Options
    mamie329mamie329 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She's doing buffet style as well. Once all the costs were added up, the in house was more expensive. But I appreciate the info. At this point since the cost is similar, I've encouraged her to see if she can get tastings at both. Was yours a complimentary tasting? 
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes it was. They do the tasting for free up to 4 people. If there is more than more they do charge for each additional but not sure how much. At ours it was FI and me and then my parents since they are paying. It was very nice and it wasn't just a taste. It was a whole meal. Experience was very nice and like I said the food was out of this world!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I have never been to an event they have catered, however I have been to Accomac Inn. Their food, in my opinion, was fantastic!!  Pricey at the restaurant...but well worth it.  So if it's the same organization and Mamie you're saying that the prices were better...I would go with them!  :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards