Maryland-Baltimore

centerpiece/florist question

Hopefully these aren’t too dumb of questions but I have zero experience with anything flower-related so hopefully you guys can help me.  I have an idea in my head for centerpieces with smallish vases (about 9 inches) in different colored glass (and possibly different shapes as well) with just a few different colored gerbera daisies in each.   First of all – do florists usually provide vases? In your experience, do they tend to have different ones as I’ve described or do you think I’d be stuck finding them on my own.  I’m sure calling a florist and asking would help but I just wanted to see what everyone’s experiences were first. Or another angle – since I really only want a few flowers in each as opposed to a huge arrangement, do you think I’d be better off just buying them somewhere wholesale and arranging them ourselves?   Thanks in advance! I figure now that holidays are pretty much over I don’t have an excuse to slack on planning anymore! J

Re: centerpiece/florist question

• Amy52582Amy52582 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gahh! Sorry for the giant paragraph! When I originally typed it it was spaced but apparently it's magically in all one big blob now.  Just another reason why I don't spend more time on these boards :(
  • budgetmamabudgetmama member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    When my daughter started planning her wedding, she clipped pictures of everything she was envisioning - what she wanted, what she loved, etc. She met with florists with binder in hand and tons of questions. The florist we went with had a catalog of every vase ever created (lol) and was very open to suggestions.

We had a very strict budget and the florist stayed right on target. We used gerbera daisies - 2 different arrangements. We had a grouping of various sizes of smaller containers on the round tables and then on the oblong tables we had 3 tall cylinder vases going down the middle of the table with gerbera daisies floating all the way down the vase. Beautiful - loved all the florals.

Oh, and the vases were included in the final price.

Let me know if you want her contact information. One of our favorite vendors.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Budgetmama - Yes, I'd love the contact info for your florist - thank you! That is definitely one vendor I need all the recs I get!

Also, the arrangements sounds neat - do you have pictures you can share? If so you can email them at amyreese AT verizon DOT com.

Thanks again!
  • budgetmamabudgetmama member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Amy, address you posted above but it bounced back. Instead of dot com -  I sent to dot net.

Did you get it?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry! It is .net.  All this time off has made my brain go to mush! I'm sure I have it.  Thanks again!
  • edited December 2011
    I used Flowers by Judy and she was awesome! With her you can either buy the vases, rent them, or provide your own.  I bought some and provided some.  I didn't want to worry about collecting them and getting them back to the florist (plus if any break you have to pay for them then).  If you are interested in contacting her the info is on flowersbyjudy.com.  Good luck! Flowers were a challenge for me as well and she was great to get me on track!
    *Erin*

MyBio image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards