Wedding Reception Forum
Options

What to Engrave?

I need help with engraving.  I have toasting glasses, cake cutter, server, and the matching picture frame.  I dont want to have to much engraved on the glasses, but at the same time what should be engraved? Im figuring def the date of the wedding but should I engrave every silver piece i have? Help please :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What to Engrave?

• Options
    We're engraving our cake knife and server, but that's it. I don't want to go overboard and engrave everything just because then they become a little less practical for every day use. If you don't plan on using anything again, or don't plan on saving things for your kids to use at their weddings (if you have kids), then engrave whatever you want :)
  • Options
    If your picture frame is obviously for a wedding, and you won't have any other picture in it, I would engrave that.  We're not engraving anything so we can save it all for future use.
  • Options
    the only things dh an i engraved were our wedding bands.   we have our cake server that is an antique from my great grandmother and we had crystal champagne saucers so neither of those were engraved. no picture frame.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_what-to-engrave?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:32a7b8eb-4ccc-4664-9bd6-f18be6e9b2ffPost:098380cb-0d12-42e7-ab87-cb8735f45dfe">Re: What to Engrave?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If your picture frame is obviously for a wedding, and you won't have any other picture in it, I would engrave that.  <strong>We're not engraving anything so we can save it all for future use.</strong>
    Posted by egm900[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what H and I did.  Our Vera Wang With Love cake set and champagne flutes still looked very bridal on our wedding day without all the engraving.  At the same time, it won't look odd if we have Sunday morning mimosas or break out the cake set for someone's birthday.
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    http://www.thingsremembered.com/product/Wedding/Wedding-Collections/Double-Rings/Double-Rings-Wedding-Set/pc/2114/c/2565/sc/2632/157524.uts?refineByCategoryId=2632

heres the set my maid of honor bought for me..so i cant really reuse them as all of you are saying because they have wedding bands on them...but i think i have def narrrowed it down to just the glasses, server, and the frame! thanks girls
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards