Connecticut

Casual/budget friendly venues on or near the water?

Hi Ladies,

My sister is currently in the wedding planning process. I planned my entire wedding based on recommendations from ladies on the knot boards, so I thought i'd try to help out my sister and reach out to you ladies once again!

She's looking for a casual wedding venue/restaurant thats very budget-friendly, on/near the water, with about 100-120 guests. 

Her and her fiance really dislike the typical "cookie cutter" wedding venues. They're looking for something different, a little quirky, or out of the box if you will. It doesn't HAVE to be quirky, but definitely not banquet-hall-like.

Do you ladies know of any places that fit this description? Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance!! :)

Re: Casual/budget friendly venues on or near the water?

• Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Is she willing to have her wedding on an off-day or in the afternoon?  If so, then I would suggest the Inn at Longshore in Westport.  If not though. then I wouldn't consider them budget friendly for a Saturday night wedding.
    imageAnniversary
  • There is always the Carousel at Lighthouse Point- definitely not your typical wedding venue.  Not sure on cost but since you bring in your own caterer, I'm sure she could find someone within her budget.

June Siggy Challenge: Fav. Engagement photo

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There is a pavillion on Fairfield Beach that can be rented out. It's cheaper if you are a resident, but I don't think is crazy expensive if you are not.

Follow Me on Pinterest

• I also recommend the Pavillion on Fairfield Beach. Also, try Rocky Neck State Park. They allow you to bring in your own vendors, so you can save money there if you want. You can get married on the beach! Check it out.
  • Mystic Aquarium for sure. It doesn't get any more quirky than that!

There's also Mystic Seaport too. Both venues are beautiful!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_casualbudget-friendly-venues-on-or-near-the-water?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:0c7ef41c-6448-41a8-92ec-43b1ad7ad364Post:431433e7-d0f6-4a47-96ea-9fcda3d18754">Re: Casual/budget friendly venues on or near the water?</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is always the Carousel at Lighthouse Point- definitely not your typical wedding venue.  Not sure on cost but since you bring in your own caterer, I'm sure she could find someone within her budget.
    Posted by Betje81[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes LPP is a great non-traditional venue! I'm getting married there in June 2014 and we're paying a little over $3,200 just to rent the space.  They include tables but that's about it, so a full service caterer is a must.  We went with Nicholas at Fitzgerald's.  He does EVERYTHING including linens and bartending and lets you bring your own alcohol.  For reference, our budget is $16,000 and it doesn't look like we're going to go much over that. </div>
  • Costa Azzurra in Milford... affordable (very) and different. A hole in the wall kinda.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2013 brides December 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaids Dress
  • The Pavilion in Middletown is on the water and has a barn feel to it.  They were flexible on price $99 on season, $70 off season. 
  • edited March 2013
    I was just going to suggest Costa Azzura in Milford too! Right on the water and very inexpensive. Also, not sure if it's too far, but Cappelaro's Grove in Bethel is Awesome and not cookiecutter at all. They do have the normal "banquet hall" room but in back they have an awesome "garden room". I can't explain it but definitely look it up and check out some pictures. They were very willing to work with any budget. We would have booked there but it was too far for us. We are getting married at Anthony's Oceanview and are saving THOUSANDS by choosing a Thursday. Not only is Anthony's 1/2 price for the Thursday, but all of our vendors are giving us amazing deals as well. Good luck!
  • Mystic Arts Center is on the Mystic River, it's an art gallery and very affordable.
    Rocky Neck state park is another option.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards