Illinois-Chicago

Bachelorette Party Ideas

Looking for some input on bachelorette party ideas in Chicago Area. Looking for other ideas then the normal stripper thing.

Thanks for your help

Re: Bachelorette Party Ideas

• What are you shooting for? How many people?

It's pretty great when the party is geared towards the bride and her tastes. Maybe book a big dinner then hit up a dualing piano bar. Or book a spa day with martinis, if thats her thing. VIPbachlorette.com (I think) is pretty useful too.
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    If you google "Chicago bachelorette party ideas" you will get several all inclusive websites that may help you.

What does your friend like to do?  I have seen groups attending ball games, have a day at the lake, do a weekend downtown or in "quaint" towns like Galena or Lake Geneva.  Do you want "action" as in Dave and Busters?  There are a few drag shows that are popular, such as The Baton Show Lounge and Kit Kat Lounge.  Flirty Girl has several packages for parties. 

There are tons of bars and clubs; does she like jazz, piano bars, or does she prefer martini's to margaritas?  Some bars/clubs specialize in drinks.
  • I am doing a BYOB Painting party at Bottles & Bottega in Lakeview. Here is a link: http://bottleandbottega.com/ 
    The owner of that location as does something special for bachelorette parties and can arrange for a male model to come in and you paint pictures of him in the nude. This isn't something that I would ever do,but I figured for my bachelorette party it sure does beat a Stripper :) 

There are other places in Chicago that do something similar. 

Another idea I got from a friend's bachelorette party is to go to the Baton SHow Lounge. It is a drag show. It was very fun and different to say the least. 
  • Rumor is we'll be starting my bachelorette party at Bottle & Bottega (paint, food, wine, nude model, why not?). Sounds like a fun way to kick off the night - especially since a couple of my girl friends aren't big drinkers and one is pregnant. Then, I think we'll go out to some bars or go dancing or something, and those who need/want to leave a little early can, or they can stay out all night!

Agree with the PP who said to check out www.vipbachelorette.com. Lots of different ideas there!
  • I'm pretty sure they are renting a boat on the lake for mine during the day so my 15 year old sister bridesmaid can join in...then to dinner...and then getting ready and going out while my sis goes back to my apt to hang out with her friend/my FI and my dog!

They pretty much nailed what I love on the head! I love boats and I appreciate so much they're including my little sis for a while.
  • Also! For my friends Bachelorette party last summer we went to a male revue show called SINsation? somthing like that up in boystown.  I would never go again...but it was perfect for the bride to be!  I didn't like it because two ladies in our group got hit on hardcore by two creepy strippers (the girs didn't mind) but it took attention away from the bride to be and I had to deal with her attitude haha

It was a great idea if they want the idea of strippers...but not as intense. Tons of bachelorette parties and the ladies got to go up on stage and be the center of attention.  Also, each group gets a bottle of champagne (that you drink out of plastic cups btw) to drink during the show.

After that we went out in Wriggleyville and went dancing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards