Delaware

photographer?

any suggestions? this is the next thing on my To Do list...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: photographer?

• dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's your price range?

What style are you looking for?

What options are you looking for in packages (lots of prints, cd/rights to all pictures, albums, etc.)?

• JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been searching for a photographer for the past few weeks.. I have never been so stressed in my life! I want quality and the FI wants quantity - it's a huge battle right now. If our budget was just a thousand more then we could afford it... I may have to compromise something with the FI.... lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For almost everyone, budget is going to be the main factor in choosing.

1) Set a budget and stick to it
    2) Search for and meet with photographers within that budget
    3) Compare their packages and decide which gives you the most of what you are looking for (hours, albums, prints, etc.)

• EiDuffyEiDuffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

i'd guess my budget is somewhere around $1000-1500, i also want a videographer at least for the ceremony...i'm not really sure what i'm looking for, i guess all the traditional poses, but i keep hearing about photojournalistic stuff- not sure really what this is? and are there other styles too? i'd like the rights to the photos so that we can get our own copies...i think i would prefer quality over quantity since if we have the rights/CD we can just get more ourselves... what did you guys go for? i feel picking a photog is really going to be a challenge for me, hope you guys are raedy for all my questions! thanks for the help :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • EiDuffyEiDuffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    holy cow! photographers are expensive!! i may have to up my budget just for someone with a camera to show up! researching this is exhausting...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My photog is in your price range.  Belles and Beaus Photography (Nicole Curran) out of Newark.

www.bellesandbeausphoto.com

Head here to view her photos:

http://www.bellesandbeausphoto.smugmug.com/
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BlackSilver Imaging has both photography and videography for low prices - I would check them out

http://blacksilverimaging.com/

Also..

Barnyard Photography has both - with very reasonable prices. I would however at the suggestion of someone great - ask them if you can see an example of an entire wedding.

http://barnyardphotography.com/
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    EI - I am going through it right now with photography. I have met with 4 so far - have a meeting with one tonight - and i'm in contact with a few others right now. It is so stressful because i am also on a tight budget. I am very into the photojournalistic style photos and if that's what you like, then finding a photog on a tight budget is soooooooooo hard. Pictures are one of the most important things to me so I am considering raising my budget from $1500 to no more than $2500. A really good photojournalist is $2500 and up. I will have to sacrifice some things as far as prints etc but I WILL have amazing pictures!!!!!!! lol. I just have to keep searching. I thought this would be so much easier than it is. I'm the type of person however that I know what I like when I see it. So far, i'm not sold. I met with photography by Leah - she was the only one I really liked so far but she was out of budget for me.  If you could look at over 20 venues though.. you might have no problem with this!! haha.
  • edited December 2011
    I know they're not very popular on this board, but I just used Foschi Photography for my Aug 6th wedding and had Stephanie as my photog.  Stephanie was GREAT to work with the day of the wedding, and I just got my pics back and love them!  We have a lot of traditional posed shots that we took before/after the ceremony, but all the rest are action pics.  They're reasonably priced but not cheap.  We didn't negotiate price as much as we mixed and matched services until we got what we wanted.  You can also purchase your pics to print on your own.  They're worth checking out at least.  Let me know if you would like to see my gallery of 800+ pics.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going with someone who is just starting his photography business. He apprenticed with a lot of very talented and well-known photographers (mostly in NJ i think though).  His name is Paul Lutes... his website is http:://www.prlcreative.com He has pictures (engagement & wedding) all listed there.  He did the pictures for my cousin's wedding in October, and they came out beautiful!
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Hil, I WANNA SEE!!!  Pretty please?!
  • edited December 2011
    MBR - sent you a PM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards