Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Wedding Invitation Host??

I was wondering who is considered the host of the wedding when it comes to the wording on the invitation. Is it always the person paying for the event? For instance, my parents are paying for the wedding, however it feels odd not to include my fiance's parents on the invitation since the majority of our guests are from his side of the family. I would really appreciate anyone's advice on how to word the invitations! Thanks!

Re: Wedding Invitation Host??

• Options
    It's not always the person paying, though there isn't a clear definition.  The hosts are people that guests can go to if they have questions, and that will greet guests and welcome them to the party.  But in reality, nobody really thinks that much about it or is going to care that you listed your parents as hosts but are in a receiving line by yourself, or whatever.  If you want to honor FI's parents go for it.  You could also put their names under your FI's as "son of" rather than at the top.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options

Thanks! I didn't think it mattered who was paying. Its more about honoring them as your parents. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't completely out of line!! Lol! Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards